Separators in numbers (Read 613 times)

Efes

Hi Eric, First of all I’d like to say thank you very much for a fantastic website. I have a small request which would make things easier for me. I’ve tried to search the forum but I couldn’t find any request similar to this so please bear over with me if it has been requested before. When I type in a run or another type of workout I’m have to use , to separate 1000 and . to separate decimals. Since I’m from Denmark I’m accustomed to using separators the other way around. It goes for both distance and amounts. This make is odd for me to type in my runs and workout and it make is almost impossible for me to use import or export functionality. Would it be possible to make this as some sort of local setting? So the user has to choose which separator format he/she wishes to use? Thanks in advance. Regards, Efes
    eric :)

Hi Efes, That is certainly possible. I'll add it to my to do list. I never realized that the period does not always indicate decimal places. eric :-)
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This is usually part of a localization package for a programming language -- I'm not sure what you're using Eric, but hopefully it has functions to take care of this, probably under the subject of localization. Similarly, the "thousands separator" should be placed every three digits for Europe and the US, but every four digits in Chinese locales, for example -- or at least, that is how I learned it in Chinese (because the wan=ten thousand is the unit to repeat, not a thousand), but now I see that wikipedia says there is no standard for Chinese (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.