Wall Street 3 miler PR (Read 575 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I ran my best Wall Street race (4th year running it) last night. I took 66th out of 4,678 people and was 13th in my age group (out of 963). No aspiration for a medal in a race of this size, I just wanted to beat my last year's time of 18:58. Smile I managed 18:21 and felt great at the end --strong finishing kick & flew past a couple guys that I was fighting the whole way, right before the finish line. It gets REALLY windy down there with all of tall buildings, but it was super fun Cool Next year I'll shoot for sub 6 pace. This year I was 6:07.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

Lazy idiot

Nice job, Dave! Way to keep improving. Big grin

Tick tock

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

You are fast! Congratulations!

TRUST THE PROCESS

MrH

Did you run faster because there was a mob of investors behind you with pitchforks and torches?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Ha! I ran faster because I was trying to catch the guy who took all my 401K! A few of us on the starting line were joking about how many people were at the race. The announcer said something like 2,000 of them were from Merryl Lynch or something. We joked that we were shocked that many were still employeed. Maybe they showed up b/c they had no problem getting out of work early ;-)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
            Gatorade Endurance Team

I ran my best Wall Street race (4th year running it) last night.
              Well done! Alternative report from the very back of the pack - the race is such a lot of fun even if it takes twice as long - with a really great finish of sunset over the Hudson.