My Topics: Forum Name display (Read 132 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

My primary interface into the message boards is through the very convenient "My Topics" link.  However, my one frustration is that there is no indication of which Forum (Group name) the thread is coming from.

It would be really nice if it were added to the display somehow.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

eric :)

Hi stadjak,

I don't think that would be hard to add.  The only issue is where to put the name?  I suppose I can force the topic to be one line only, and then put the forum name under it.  That would work.  I'm open to other ideas too.

eric Smile

Hi stadjak,

I don't think that would be hard to add.  The only issue is where to put the name?  I suppose I can force the topic to be one line only, and then put the forum name under it.  That would work.  I'm open to other ideas too.

eric Smile

Probably space to insert another column, maybe just to the right of the topic name? You can make that clickable too, to go to the main page of that forum.

Dave

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I wouldn't mind the forum name being either above or below the threadname, but non-linked (or black), but in a smaller font.

Keep in mind this text will be repeated over and over, so the eye won't so much read it as identify it as one of a group, that needs differentiation.

Heck, even a unique short-name, or acronym based first-letter of each word in the name.  Any consistent semi-unique identifier would be better than none.

Thanks for the consideration.

eric :)

I wouldn't mind the forum name being either above or below the threadname, but non-linked (or black), but in a smaller font.

This is exactly how I have it.  It's done, but I'm adding an additional feature on the same page.  I'll push the update once it's completed.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Thanks so much, Eric Smile.  Your work is always appreciated.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Thanks, Eric Smile.  The new info is great to have on the page.  Though, some of the forum names surprise me.  I'd image those were the original names of the groups, rather than their current names.  Some interesting history there.

HermosaBoy

Looks great Eric!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob