The Friday Meltdown (Read 1245 times)

MrH

Meltdowns are best on what might seem like harmless topics. Here's one with some agitation:

Race Day Magic

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xor

Ah.  From "The best of runningahead".  Has anyone seen pRED recently?

That guy always made me want to punch Woody Harrelson.  Ok not really.   I'm a pussycat.

That you know of.

kittenkat

The c word is repulsive

I had quite a good one last night, just somewhere else.

Well not good by Royal wedding standards.

kittenkat

The c word is repulsive

There's someone in here carrying a dead horse. I guess I could get to like it. (Here, not the dead horse).

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

There's someone in here carrying a dead horse. I guess I could get to like it. (Here, not the dead horse).

Its OK KK he's a Belgie and is just taking the horse to grill up some burgers & steaks to go with his Ale.

Cheers!

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

MrNamtor

Meltdowns are best on what might seem like harmless topics. Here's one with some agitation:

Race Day Magic

You call that a meltdown? We've had RRs on the old site that were more meltdowns than this. And we didn't need to bring Sigmund Freud or prozac into the discussion to do it either.

xor

MrH gave you a mild one, tagging it as "some agitation".  We've had big ones here too.

Meltdowns have existed since the beginning of bulletin board time.

Some of the biggest ones I recall involved:

1. Were Kirk and Spock gay?  Discuss.

2. Is Mike better than Joel?  (MST3K reference)

Plus a selection of 10 or so running-specific ones.  And not just the easy marks like headphones.

Don't make me apparate richard or sportjester.

MrNamtor

haha, well i look forward to doing more research.

I enjoy looking at meltdown threads (even the one's I'm in) and doing a post mortem.

Meltdown threads often remind me of this orientation film watched by the protagonist in the movie "The Parallax View" after he infiltrates Parallax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNMi8fXi5Os

Like the classic meltdown thread, It starts off innocent as apple pie. At some point it gets decidedly weird, Then it gets extremely weird in a mile a minute frenzied way. Then it goes back to normal, as if nothing ever happened in the first place.

kittenkat

The c word is repulsive

Like the classic meltdown thread, It starts off innocent as apple pie. At some point it gets decidedly weird, Then it gets extremely weird in a mile a minute frenzied way. Then it goes back to normal, as if nothing ever happened in the first place.

Ha ha, that's a very good description!

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Well before it can get wierd and begin going south, some borderline personality first has to drink the Koolaid. Any Tea Party members running amuk here we can angle towards that threshold? There has got to be the equivelent of the Mad Hatter, the March Hare and the Doormouse here.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

xor

Oh sure.  Been there.  Done that.

MrNamtor

Well before it can get wierd and begin going south, some borderline personality first has to drink the Koolaid. Any Tea Party members running amuk here we can angle towards that threshold? There has got to be the equivelent of the Mad Hatter, the March Hare and the Doormouse here.

Do you see the boundary of good vs. evil as a line that separates "us" from "them"? Or as a line that runs within yourself?

Meat Wagon

Puker

2. Is Mike better than Joel?  (MST3K reference)

Have you seen their new project, RiffTrax? I think it's genius. If you liked MST3K, you'll like this (even if you thought Joel was better than Mike).

Here's a Youtube link of them doing The Two Towers.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

xor

RT is very cool if for nothing else.... waaaaay better selection of movies on which to riff.

That said, somewhere along the way, an internal switch flipped and I no longer find that stuff as funny.

The same switch changed Ferris Bueller from "great movie from my youth" to "mostly unwatchable movie about a gigantic douche".

But that's just me.  HA.

Meat Wagon

Puker

Well, to each his own.

And you are now dead to me.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.