Cyclocross (Read 120 times)

I wasn't there, but thought this was awesome:

Spiral of Doom from Darlings Island Cyclocross 2013

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, one of the series we do did this maybe 4 years ago...it was before I got sucked into the sport.  My hubby raced...I spectated.  It was COLD that day!!!  On a rainy/snowy day after several days of rain...by the end it was a spiral of thick mud.  I think it was that race that kind of put the thought in my head that maybe I should try CX...I do love mud (and we've not had any muddy races this year, which is sorta sad.  We only have 2 left).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of CX...we had our Halloween race yesterday.  I had a jacked-up back for this race last year, so I have been looking forward to dressing-up for it for over a year.  One of my teammates snapped a fun shot of me before I got all sweaty and gross with snot running down my face.  I ended up placing 3/7 women in my race.

Already considering what I might do for a costume next year.  2 years ago I was a butterfly.  I love the wings thing.  It photographs cool during races.  I pretend I can fly... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

obiebyke

That's awesome, Zoom! Sharp!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks!

~ Sarah Kay

Runslowalksalot

I would love to have an overhead view of that!   Racing skinny tired bike through the mud in winter; sounds like fun!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No overheads from our race, but there are bound to be some from the worlds in Louisville almost a year ago.  There's another really cool video floating around from a single-speed championship race a year or two ago, but I can't find it.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wish I had cable TV…not sure I want to get up at 5AM for live streaming...

~ Sarah Kay