For such a pure sport... (Read 956 times)

Running sure is compliacted Wink It invovles putting one foot in front of the other and both are in the air at the same time at some points (I know, bad description, but you guys know what running looks like). But there is so much more to it the right shoes the right socks the right clothes the right gear speedwork - tempo, interval, farlek? trackwork? rest days? how many miles/ week? how many long runs? LSD or no? just kind of funny to me that a sport that's as old as time, as so simple in theory .. really -- isn't!
    2009: BQ?
      May I add: Do I use a HR monitor? What kind of HR monitor? Do I use a gps system? Should I get one that is a combo gps/hr monitor?
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

May I add: Do I use a HR monitor? What kind of HR monitor? Do I use a gps system? Should I get one that is a combo gps/hr monitor?
        Yes, get the combo: Garmin Forerunner 305 (affectionately known as "Garmie", my avatar). GPS, HRM, and mega-flexible trainer all rolled into one. The only thing it doesn't do that I wish it did was curse at me when I go too slow. But I am working on a firmware hack for that. Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Someone needs to write a book "Volunteer Running Simplicity". Smile Dude, is there a place for changing the firmware? Someone made a separate loader? Where? modal (some dude who recently acquired a 305 and believes in simple living)

Vim

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Dude, is there a place for changing the firmware? Someone made a separate loader? Where?
            Sorry modal, that was purely in jest. But I'll let you know if I find out anything for real. For now, we'll have to live with it beeping at us rather than yelling.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shorts or skirt? Body Glide or Sport Wax (trust me, go with the BG)? Rest when I hurt/am injured or run (duh)? Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Green Wave!

Trails, Asphalt, or Mix? Flat or Hill (or since I am in FL, that means find a bridge!)? Ipod or No Ipod?
                Yes, get the combo: Garmin Forerunner 305 (affectionately known as "Garmie", my avatar). GPS, HRM, and mega-flexible trainer all rolled into one. The only thing it doesn't do that I wish it did was curse at me when I go too slow. But I am working on a firmware hack for that. Wink
                My birthday is next month, and I've been dropping the hint all year...so soon the greatness of the Garmin Forerunner 305 will be all mine. So let me know if you make any progress on that firmware hack Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Why is it sideways?

Purist or Gearhead? Runners World or LetsRun? Mile or Ultra? Bluecollar or Whitecollar? Webb or Geb? Fitness or Social? Distance or Time? Treadmill or Trails? Strength or Speed? Lydiard or Galloway? Dean or Tergat? Rest or Stress? PR or PB? Aerobic or Anaerobic? Heel Strike or Midfoot? Protein Shake or MickeyD's? Asics or Nike? Trainers or Flats? HRM or Feel? Water or Sportsdrink? Track or Roads? Camelbak or Water bottle? Gu or Powerbar? Elite or Penguin? Turnover or Stride-length? Fartleks or 400s? Talent or Heart? Will or Training? Love or Glory? Pain or Joy? Victory or Defeat? Just run, baby. Just run.
                  btb1490

I like the way cavemen approached running. If you didn't run, you didn't eat. All you needed was a loincloth and a spear. If you were hunting fast animals, you had a speedwork day. Slower animals were easy days. Big migrating herds were LSD days. After you caught your meal and ate, it was a rest day.
                      I like the way cavemen approached running. If you didn't run, you didn't eat. All you needed was a loincloth and a spear. If you were hunting fast animals, you had a speedwork day. Slower animals were easy days. Big migrating herds were LSD days. After you caught your meal and ate, it was a rest day.
                      I love this analogy. Sounds like the loincloth was the precursor to the running skirt.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

db7

Just run, baby. Just run. Sweet! DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

I love this analogy. Sounds like the loincloth was the precursor to the running skirt.
                          Big grin Big grin Big grin No wonder I feel a little wild when I'm running in 'em!
                            Just run, baby. Just run.
                            That's so sexy! Wink

Why is it sideways?