Most disturbing movie of your lifetime? (Read 1052 times)

SXC Beast

Planeteer

Hostel. The only movie Ive ever had to stop watching. I stopped it after the scene where the torturer cut his victim's achilles tendons and said he could go free
    I love happy endings. Roll eyes
      The Cook the Thief his wife & her lover. Sick, twisted and could happen. Not like Eating Raoul. Honorable mentions: Reservoir Dogs ErraserHead

Oh Mighty Wing

Heaven and Earth

Oh Mighty Wing

sorry.... really must get the button fixed
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of Eraserhead...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

gracerunner

I was a bit disturbed seeing the autopsy photos of John Kennedy for the first time in JFK (Oliver Stone). Pink Flamingos (John Waters) was funny AND disturbing at the same time. The Birds gave me nightmares when I was a kid (the guy with his eyes pecked out). Natural Born Killers freaked me out. I stopped it half way through, got some purple acrylic paint and proceeded to paint purple squigglies all over the walls. Never finished the film. Pee Wee Herman freaks me out. The first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan disturbed me on deep levels. It really gave me a sense of how surreal it must be to be in a war for the first time--suddenly seeing people shot and blown to bits around you. Knowing you could be next. The heightened sense of reality, fear, loss, and violence within and without must blow your mind forever. The movie left a huge impression, and can see why vets come back home changed and finding it hard to adapt.

The Greatest of All Time

The first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan disturbed me on deep levels. It really gave me a sense of how surreal it must be to be in a war for the first time--suddenly seeing people shot and blown to bits around you. Knowing you could be next. The heightened sense of reality, fear, loss, and violence within and without must blow your mind forever. The movie left a huge impression, and can see why vets come back home changed and finding it hard to adapt.
                Very well put. I was not at Normandy (obviously) but I have been shot at while wearing an American uniform and it is truly surreal. I was also very moved by the first 20 minutes of that movie beyond words.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

My legs are killing me

Very well put. I was not at Normandy (obviously) but I have been shot at while wearing an American uniform and it is truly surreal. I was also very moved by the first 20 minutes of that movie beyond words.
                  Marcus I was in a reserve unit with a guy who was a Ranger and jumped into Panama. I can't remember his name but he told us of the tracers flying by him. Wild stuff. If I can get his name I'll let you know. I have a feeling you'd probably know him. He'd always smoke everyone on the PT tests. Man he was fast.

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus I was in a reserve unit with a guy who was a Ranger and jumped into Panama. I can't remember his name but he told us of the tracers flying by him. Wild stuff. If I can get his name I'll let you know. I have a feeling you'd probably know him. He'd always smoke everyone on the PT tests. Man he was fast.
                    I probably do know him. I knew one Ranger that died in Mogadishu. Ahhh PT tests. Don't I remember those. Honestly, I think I would score better at 36 than I did at 18, even using the 18 age group standards. I know for sure I could max it for my age and could come close for 18. Before I went to SFAS we had to take the PT test in boots while wearing BDU's and that sort of sucked.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.