Treadmill "hills" (Read 971 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

"...and if you think walking 4MPH (15 minute pace) at 15% is easy, try it sometime for just 5 minutes" from ultrastevep Gotta agree with you there. Brisk incline walking is a surprisingly effective workout on the treadmill, and it's great if you don't want to pound too much. Our treadmill is currently upstairs (but moving down soon), and it sounds thunderous when I run on it; when I walk, I get no complaints. Smile

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

"...and if you think walking 4MPH (15 minute pace) at 15% is easy, try it sometime for just 5 minutes" from ultrastevep Gotta agree with you there. Brisk incline walking is a surprisingly effective workout on the treadmill, and it's great if you don't want to pound too much. Our treadmill is currently upstairs (but moving down soon), and it sounds thunderous when I run on it; when I walk, I get no complaints. Smile
      That has been my experience too. Beyond a certain inclination, walking is actually faster depending on your fitness level. Any long slope more than 30% is probably going to be faster walking. I remember once I trying walking up this course http://runningahead.com/logs/d76d7dae25aa4314a251780fafcd674b/courses/18406d870df74b18b0df7b824f3f37fe as fast as I could, taking the steepest path up and I ended up doing the same time walking on the splits as I was doing while running, but with much lower heart rate ((topping out at around 160 as opposed to 180 when doing it as a run)