Unable to upload garmin data (Read 500 times)

spacityrunner

Eric,

I get the following message

GPS import currently supports the Garmin Forerunner GPS only and requires the Garmin Communicator Plugin.

Please follow the Garmin Installation Guide to connect your Forerunner to RunningAHEAD.

I will add support for other training devices such as Nike+ when I get hold of one.

I followed the insturctions for getting  the USB  (but it never asked me the question that woudl prompt me to plug it in, I pluged it in and turned it on prior to installing just to be on the safe side) and the new communicator(the test was successful).  I have never had an issue before today.  Iast night I downloaded IE8..that is the only change that I have made recently.

I run Windows vista

Can you get me uploading again??

Thanks

Liz

runningindc

Trails Rock!

an amazing likeness

First things first, since you've installed a new version of IE, make sure the Garmin Communicator is working. Garmin has a test page that will tell you if your Garmin Communicator is working:

Test page

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the Garmin Communicator: Link to Garmin site for Windows

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

Liz,

Is there a yellow information bar above the page?  I think you didn't allow the Garming Plugin to run on RA, which is why RA can't find your Forerunner.  If that's not the problem, go here to test your setup:

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/test/

spacityrunner

Milk Truck wins!!!  I knew it was something simple...just couldn't find it....thanks all for being so quick to assist!!!!  I love RA...

Trails Rock!

an amazing likeness

Milk Truck wins!!!  

Well that's unusual, the last thing I won was an Aretha Franklin 45 single of Killing Me Softly at a 6th grade dance.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.