Apple Watch Series 2 is cheaper than many GPS watches (Read 246 times)

mikeymike

I really doubt the headphone jack went away for making the phone water resistant. There are already many waterproof products out there with headphone jacks. I really do like the water resistant feature. It's a wonder I haven't broken any of my phones already.

I'm pretty sure I predicted that Apple would release a waterproof iPhone and congratulate itself as though it had invented the concept, several years after the rest of us have had waterproof phones. Check the transcript from one of our long runs last winter, x. I'm on record.

The next feature they'll do that with is wireless charging.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Apparently there are already signs this is coming in 2017.

Just about everything Apple does is a reiteration of what has come before. The iPod was far from the first MP3 player, the iPhone far from the first Smart Phone. They just tend to do it in a way that is more flashy, more sexy and occasionally more better than what came before.

Adam Gentile

This watch looks super appealing!   I was going to for one of new Suunto Spartan watches but might just with the Apple.  This could be the end of Garmins.

Prince of Fatness

This watch looks super appealing!   I was going to for one of new Suunto Spartan watches but might just with the Apple.  This could be the end of Garmins.

Gasp.

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

I'm pretty sure I predicted that Apple would release a waterproof iPhone and congratulate itself as though it had invented the concept, several years after the rest of us have had waterproof phones. Check the transcript from one of our long runs last winter, x. I'm on record.

Yes, the log has it around mile 12 near the corner of Chestnut and Haverhill in North Reading...

Interesting thing about Apple is that they take other people's good ideas and get them adopted by the masses. Apple releases a video with Jonny Ive saying "chamfered edges" and "aluminum" and people just open their wallets.

David Pogue does make a convincing argument for killing the headphone jack here: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/david-pogue-says-kill-iphone-headphone-jack-201212228.html

AbbyDog

Nobody would run for more than 5 hours.

You are kidding, right?

xhristopher

You are kidding, right?

Why would he? That sounds crazy!

Just want to put this out there so I can quote it in 12 or 24 months.

Not to long from now Apple will adopt USB-C for the iPhone and all those fancy lightning wired headphones soon to be sold will be made useless.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You are kidding, right?

Well, I didn't check bhearn's log...

Well, I didn't check bhearn's log...

Well, if he can run for 5 hours, he can probably eat 50 eggs. Better to leave his log unchecked.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

fb-guy

Is RunningAhead going to support the Apple Watch so that we can upload running data?

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Probably depends on how Nike is dealing with the data, but it is probably like any other Nike GPS data.

I wonder if you can also use other apps, like Strava, which you can then get to RA.

Is RunningAhead going to support the Apple Watch so that we can upload running data?