Event Manager Feature (Read 1329 times)

Running on the ocean

I've used fitnessjournal.org until I discovered runningahead.com and switched immediately. However, they had a feature called Event Manager, which allowed us to manage our races. It was pretty neat and wish something similiar would be offered at runningahead.com. I've posted a few screenshots of that feature to give you a better idea of what I mean. Find it at http://www.penpalworld.com/em/

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
    -- Jakob Herrmann
    my running achievements

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How does this differ from the RA running log? Confused

Running on the ocean

How does this differ from the RA running log?
        The running log I see as things I've done. However, with an Event Manager I can see the past and the future. When I logged into my fitnessjournal.org account today I saw those messages within my homepage: My Future Events: 16 Days To Orange County Marathon 30 Days To Carlsbad Marathon 78 Days To Way Too Cool 50K 91 Days To Coyote Two Moon 100M 128 Days To Big Sur Marathon Like that I can use that tool to plan and manage all my future runs. With the RA running log that wouldn't be possible unless I am not seeing something. If that's the case then please clarify.

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
        -- Jakob Herrmann
        my running achievements

You'll ruin your knees!

The running log I see as things I've done. However, with an Event Manager I can see the past and the future. When I logged into my fitnessjournal.org account today I saw those messages within my homepage: My Future Events: 16 Days To Orange County Marathon 30 Days To Carlsbad Marathon 78 Days To Way Too Cool 50K 91 Days To Coyote Two Moon 100M 128 Days To Big Sur Marathon Like that I can use that tool to plan and manage all my future runs. With the RA running log that wouldn't be possible unless I am not seeing something. If that's the case then please clarify.
          You can future date a log entry. Some folks use that for their plans, then edit the entry once the actual day/run happens...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

btb1490

You can future date a log entry. Some folks use that for their plans, then edit the entry once the actual day/run happens...
            To add to what jlynnbob said, then you can use the search function and search for the run type "race" and it will bring up all your races.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Plus, Eric is working on a "planned runs" as part of his log update.
                Just to add, I like using a calender. I like ultra's list of events, but our calender here feels useless. I wish we could type into or edit our calender here. For instance, you can choose Jan. '08 in our calender now. It's blank. If we could type in our future race dates that would be sweet. Even better than a list, I think. My 2¢.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Running on the ocean

Thanks folks for all those replies. I think it does work with the RA running log. Simply go and enter a future race into the log. Once that run has been done go back and enter the numbers. Easy enough. And it should work like a charm. Why clutter the service, right? Darn, it's so difficult to find a flaw at RA! I can only repeat it over and over: AWESOME JOB ERIC!!!

-- Jakob Herrmann
                  my running achievements

Wingz

Professional Noob

Just to add, I like using a calender. I like ultra's list of events, but our calender here feels useless. I wish we could type into or edit our calender here. For instance, you can choose Jan. '08 in our calender now. It's blank. If we could type in our future race dates that would be sweet. Even better than a list, I think. My 2¢.
                    How it works now is that you can put in a "new event entry" and type whatever text you need to in there. So if you have a race on Jan 16, you'd enter in a new "event" for that race. It's a little cumbersome, but it does work...

Roads were made for journeys...

How it works now is that you can put in a "new event entry" and type whatever text you need to in there. So if you have a race on Jan 16, you'd enter in a new "event" for that race. It's a little cumbersome, but it does work...
                      Thanks Wingz!!! That is perfect; I didn't know we could do that. Now that's what I'm talking about! Big grin

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

MikeB-BoR

Searching for previous posts on this before I started a new one. This one fits well enough Smile I want to be able to add events from the calendar view. Maybe click on the day to add to that day? Right now I plan all future runs (and races) by entering them using the "new run entry" or "new event entry". That works but it is a bit of a pain when I am planning out a chedule that spans several months. I keep having to switch to the calendar view to ensure I got everything correct. The sight is awesome eric, and I appreciate everything you've done!

Goals :
                        •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

for what it's worth, I just use a google calendar to plan my runs, and log them on RA.

sean