Does this happen to anyone else? (Read 631 times)

sheil2009

21:00

Since I am new to running, I have hurt myself a lot through my two seasons, and now I am training for xc and had a majorly inflamed tendon last week. With every injury (four major ones), I noticed that after taking a period of recovery of anywhere from 4 days to two weeks, I come back stronger than ever. After giving my self a little under a week to recover from the inflamation, I went out to run a fast mile and ran it in sub 6:30, which is pretty fast for me, and it was so easy too! Does this happen to anyone else; that is, injury seems to make you even better?
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Perhaps you are over-training. The over-training is what gets you injured, and the time off is what your body needs to rest, recover, and peak. Just a thought.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

sheil2009

21:00

Perhaps you are over-training. The over-training is what gets you injured, and the time off is what your body needs to rest, recover, and peak. Just a thought.
        Could be...well, my coach is overtraining me anyways. We started off with like, 35 mpw and are pushing up to peak at 42 mpw. But still, it is just so wierd...
        Scout7

I'd agree with Jeff. You're training too hard. The miles may be acceptable, if you ran them easier. Which could be why you feel stronger after a few days off. Your body gets a chance to rest and respond to the physical stresses placed upon it. You come back feeling better rested, and able to perform better.
            Yup, seems to me that rest periods always make me run better. I guess sometimes it takes an injury to make some of us rest. Wink

*´¨) ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.*¨) (¸.·´ (¸.·´ *Daisy*