The essential thing is to run. Period. (Read 758 times)

Joann Y

I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Bernd Heinrich on why we run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6k3gXCszE

That was just great. "Deep down we are all runners."

I also liked this one and not just because I've met/run with her: The Mother.

Runners run

jfa

Good ones.

MTA- Both

Joann Y

That was just great. "Deep down we are all runners."

I also liked this one and not just because I've met/run with her: The Mother.

Redefining motherhood, I'm all for it. That was cool.

Yeah, I like those and a lot of other Salomon videos.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

TJoseph

The video seems to imply he is living off the grid with the wood stove and digging through the snow for water.  I guess he is really down to just the essentials.

The video seems to imply he is living off the grid with the wood stove and digging through the snow for water.  I guess he is really down to just the essentials.

Even if he isn't, he's much closer than I am.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It says he has a cabin in western Maine. It sounds a lot like ours - maybe we're neighbors!  We don't have running water or electricity at ours, either.  It's really not that hard.  Although I admit we did wimp out and get a propane stove and fridge.

Some of our neighbors stay there year-round.  I cannot imagine that.  We're located miles off a paved road, and the logging roads we're off of are plowed infrequently by the paper company that owns the land around us.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Sign me up.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

I like that lifestyle. I think the world would be in a much better place if we all live like that. No gas, no electricity, no pollution, no unhealthy food, no car, no airplane although I do like a computer and the Internet. :-)

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

Not totally on-topic, but I really enjoyed Bernd Heinrich's book Why We Run.

Lane

I like that lifestyle. I think the world would be in a much better place if we all live like that. No gas, no electricity, no pollution, no unhealthy food, no car, no airplane although I do like a computer and the Internet. :-)

That lifestyle is a lot easier when the Professor is making all of your necessary items out of vines and coconuts.

Oh roo roooo!

Bernd Heinrich is one heck of an interesting guy.  He's written a whole ton of books on various nature topics.  My mom bought me "A Year in the Maine Woods" many years ago, and I thought "hmm, kind of a cool book."  His name came up again a couple of years ago and since then, I've been systematically reading my way thru everything my library has that he has written.  Most of it has been quite good, altho one or two have have been a little too much like a straight scientific study to really hold my interest.

Here's a link to all (or at least many) of his titles:  http://www.amazon.com/Bernd-Heinrich/e/B000APKZ2S

Joann Y

This one takes a slight twist. Worth a watch.

I like that one too. Her joy is inspirational and interesting to get a glimpse of her depth.