Link map in weglob (Read 485 times)

JohnReu

For some reason, a link to the map from a certain workout in my weblog does not work. People who are reading my weblog find there own region in stead of the region and track I ran. I pasted the HTML link into the HTML page of my log, before saving it. Did I do something wrong...or isn't it working yet? Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
    eric :)

Renjerot, Are you saying that only a particular map doesn't work, or all maps are not working in your blog? One possibility is that the map is private so no one else can see it. If you provide me with more details, I can look into it. eric :-)
      JohnReu

Hi Eric, thanks for your reply. I have put the following link into my weblog: <iframe frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="510" height="680" src="http://www.runningahead.com/scripts/maps/351eefe014594186a5d4358844283ade?unit=km"></iframe> My weblog is http://renjerot.web-log.nl where you can see the effects... The reactions on my log tell me that all visitors get there own region on the. I have put the saved map as "public" so this should not be the reason... I hope you will find the problem, since nobody else has posted this issue, I assume that I did somethong wrong. Thanks again, John
          Eric, John, when viewing John his url you indeed get your own location. But when you take the url of the iframe and place the url in the adressbalk of the browser and view the result of the page you will get the location of the course John ran. So i guess the location info is overwritten or cleared by the page in which the iframe is placed
            John, I looked at your courses and i found out (but don't know why) that you have made more than one course off your route. If you change 3e51fec63e224a69a5dc161d6cc49cda by 351eefe014594186a5d4358844283ade then a route shows up in the iframe. Probably Eric can tell you a lot more but this works on a page which i temporarily placed at a testsite btw are there some good skeeler routes near Goes? in my earlier posting i wrote that outside an iframe your route shows up, i can't reproduce that behaviour again. grtz Dirk
            eric :)

Renjerot Dirk is absolutely right. The map you included here is not the same as the one on your blog. Since all your routes have the same name, I can't refer to them directly. The link you included here is publicly viewable, as indicated by a globe icon next to the name. The map on your weblog is a private map, which why only you can see it. It's a bug that you're allow to publish a private map. I'll have that fixed. eric :-)
              JohnReu

Hi Eric and Dirk, Thanks a lot for your feedback! I knew I probably did something wrong and the result was quite surpising. I will pay attention to my next upload en course and make it public before pasting the link, next watching the result. Btw...great site! It only takes some time to key-in my history but it pays back! Rgrds John