Clunky performance on RunningAhead (Read 138 times)

HermosaBoy

Not sure what might be causing this, but over the last few days, the performance on runningahead seems to be a bit clunky.

By this I mean, it seems as if I am constantly having to wait for some background process to complete before I can do something.  As an example, as I am typing this post, I have had to wait two or three times for the typing to catch up with the key strokes that I have entered  (as if an embedded video must load first).

Just seems to have started in the last two days and does not seem to be occurring on other sites.

ON Windows 8 and using Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m.

ETA -- I have tried closing the browser and rebooting.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

eric :)

Rob,

You might be on to something.  I am guessing that either Chrome is slow or your computer is running something in the background.  Could you open up task manager and see if Chrome is using any CPU?  Its CPU usage should be at 0.  It is likely that the ad you're seeing is not well built and is sucking up the CPU.

eric Smile

HermosaBoy

Will check it out when I get home.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Rob

HermosaBoy

CPU usage is 0.0% with an occasional rise to 0.6%

Rob

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You could trying clearing the cache in Chrome. I've seen instances where it gets corrupted and causes issues.

Click on the three little horizontal bars in the upper right corner. Highlight Tools then click Clear browsing data...

Select Empty the cache then click the Clear browsing data button. Close then reopen Chrome.

Don't know if it will help, but it shouldn't hurt.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

HermosaBoy

WhoDatRunner that helped?

YouDatRunner that helped!  So far so good...

Rob