Question for the guys! (Read 1289 times)

I'm looking for some running pants for my hubby for the warmer weather. Tech material, not sweatpants, for when it's too cold for shorts but too warm for his 20F stuff that he's been wearing. Anyone got any favorites they can share? Thanks!

#artbydmcbride

G9 tights by Champion, sold at Target. Thay are light weight, but they look hot! Smile He'll probably insist on wearing shorts over them when he is out in public though. Big grin

Runners run

mikeymike

I like the Nike Dri FIT running pants.

Runners run

I like the Nike Dri FIT running pants.
          +1

an amazing likeness

I really, really like the Sporthill pants. Their "Zone 2" gear is great for temps in the 30 - 50 range. http://www.sporthill.com/prodlist.php?zonecat=Z2PANT&gender=m

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Imminent Catastrophe

I really, really like the Sporthill pants. Their "Zone 2" gear is great for temps in the 30 - 50 range. http://www.sporthill.com/prodlist.php?zonecat=Z2PANT&gender=m
              +1. Or if he's not averse to wearing tights, those work pretty well in the cool temps.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Giant Flaming Dork

G9 tights by Champion, sold at Target. Thay are light weight, but they look hot! Smile He'll probably insist on wearing shorts over them when he is out in public though. Big grin
                I really like my C9's, too. Although I wrecked mine this week falling off the stupid bike. Bikers should be shot. I wear shorts over them in public. Because in space, no one hear you scream - but on the road you can hear everyone laughing. MTA: removed saying "as well" about 20 times.

http://xkcd.com/621/

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

+ another for Target C9. Also, if you have a Costco near you, keep an eye out for the Paradox (or maybe Paragon??) lightweight pants and 1/4 zip pullovers. Perfect for 30's-40s.
                    Great suggestions! I love C9, Nike and Sporthill! No Costco nearby, but Michael, you've given me an idea to maybe check Sam's the next time I'm there! Mark, sorry about your fall. And I can safely say that my husband would only be running in space. Otherwise, the tights ain't gonna be happenin'! Us chicks dig it though.
                      I like the C9s a lot too, but I think they are gone for the season. I also have some C9 windpants that my girlfriend says look good on me... those might work for you.

-------------------------------------
                      5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                      10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                      1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                      Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Former runner

I picked up a pair of C9 running pants last fall and have been using them all winter. They're not tights and the legs have a slight taper at the bottom so the fabric doesn't move around as much while you are running.

Ross

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I've been using the Saucony Boston pants. The sales person at Fleet Feet said they are the old Hind Munich pants. They are a semi fitted pant with zippered pockets and ankle zippers. . The zippered pockets were what I was looking for, it goes back to the old "where do I put my keys" thread. Since a lot of my runs are after I drop my kids at school (first and fourth grade girls) the pants are more appropriate. I save the tights for days I don't have to stand around talking to teachers and parents.

Certifiably Insane

Hey, cameraready, where is that covered bridge in your picture at? There's one by Geneva a ways south of me that I bike to now and then. I saw in your profile that you're not far north of me. Sorry to hijack your thread, sockoni. I can't really add anything to your question. I don't wear anything but shorts until it's around 20. Then, I have a pair of thin, slim-cut sweat pants that work pretty well to around zero. If I need more than that, I'll throw on a pair of wind pants over the sweats. A lot of wind changes all of that, though. Sounds like you did get some great suggestions!
                            On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

For those mid temps, I usually wear a pair of cotton pajama pants. You can usually find them really cheap and they breath well. My current pair is a beautiful purple plaid. Which has the added benefit that if they are staring at you, they aren't running you over with their car.

Former runner

Hey, cameraready, where is that covered bridge in your picture at?
                                It's Potter's bridge on the north side of Noblesville. I run there when visiting family in that area. It's part of their trail system that goes from downtown Noblesville out to the bridge. I ran it today but there was a bunch of mud on the trail from some recent flooding. http://www.runningahead.com/maps/c810735bd3514029b98f53335a5405a4

Ross