Nike+ intergration? (Read 3106 times)

twoodcc

not sure if everyone around here is familiar with Nike+, but it is a chip that goes in your shoe that talks to your iPod nano to keep up with your distance, pace, etc. it's nice and all, and they have their own website. but i thought it would be nice to have it work with this site also. now i know, eric, that you're working on the garmin stuff. but what do you think? maybe i could help with this feature?
    eric :)

Hi Tim, I'm focusing on the Garmin right now. However, the way I wrote the client piece will allow me to add support for other devices easily (in theory). When I release the client, you're more than welcome to help with adding Nike+ to it. eric Smile
      twoodcc

thanks eric. i think adding the nike+ support would be easy for you though, or at least it seems that way. it stores the data in an .xml file. anyways, good luck with the garmin and all. and great work on this site. i'm very surprised to hear that you did all this yourself. i'm still learning programming, but maybe i'll get to this level one day.
          I'm just about finished writing my own php implementation of Nike+ graphing/stats. I've been using Nike+ for over a year, and I just couldn't deal with the crappiness of nikeplus.com any more. I know I'd suggested Nike+ support here at runningahead a long time ago, but you got busy on garmin Wink Anywhoo. I'd be glad to pitch in what I know about Nike+ xml/graphing stuff if you ever get around to adding site support for it. It'll be cake for you though! Here's my link: http://www.visualmystique.com/saire/26.2/ Oh yeah, I use RA maps on my site Cool sairez
          jeffdonahue

I'm just about finished writing my own php implementation of Nike+ graphing/stats. I've been using Nike+ for over a year, and I just couldn't deal with the crappiness of nikeplus.com any more. I know I'd suggested Nike+ support here at runningahead a long time ago, but you got busy on garmin Wink Anywhoo. I'd be glad to pitch in what I know about Nike+ xml/graphing stuff if you ever get around to adding site support for it. It'll be cake for you though! Here's my link: http://www.visualmystique.com/saire/26.2/ Oh yeah, I use RA graphing on my site Cool sairez
            Very cool. I played around with the xml file from my Nike+ a few times as well. I love data! FYI, if I can make a suggestion - looking at your graphs it seems like you are starting all your runs out too fast. Your long run you started out in the mid- 8:00 pace or so (sometimes faster for a little while) and your run ended in the 9:40 range, averaging 9:17. If I were you I would try starting out slower in the 9:30-9:40 range and see how you feel later. If you feel good you can pick it up a little for the later miles. It might attribute at least a little bit as to why your knees and feet started hurting at mile 11. Just my un-asked for .02 Smile
              Very cool. I played around with the xml file from my Nike+ a few times as well. I love data! FYI, if I can make a suggestion - looking at your graphs it seems like you are starting all your runs out too fast. Your long run you started out in the mid- 8:00 pace or so (sometimes faster for a little while) and your run ended in the 9:40 range, averaging 9:17. If I were you I would try starting out slower in the 9:30-9:40 range and see how you feel later. If you feel good you can pick it up a little for the later miles. It might attribute at least a little bit as to why your knees and feet started hurting at mile 11. Just my un-asked for .02 Smile
              Big grin lol. Thanks for the cents jeff. I think some of the speed at beginning/sloth at the end is facilitated by the fact that I live on top of a 250ft/0.5 mile hill. I run down the hill at the beginning of all my runs and up it at the end. Even though I try and try and usually feel like I'm plodding along at the beginning, I'm usually going way too fast. I'll try harder for ya Blush sairez

I'm just about finished writing my own php implementation of Nike+ graphing/stats. I've been using Nike+ for over a year, and I just couldn't deal with the crappiness of nikeplus.com any more. I know I'd suggested Nike+ support here at runningahead a long time ago, but you got busy on garmin Wink Anywhoo. I'd be glad to pitch in what I know about Nike+ xml/graphing stuff if you ever get around to adding site support for it. It'll be cake for you though! Here's my link: http://www.visualmystique.com/saire/26.2/ Oh yeah, I use RA maps on my site Cool sairez
                sairez, If you're willing to share your code with me, that would save me a lot of work. It will be a little while more before I complete the new log. After that, I imagine it'll take me a month more to add GPS import. I can add support for both at the same time, or Nike+ immediately afterwards. eric :-)
                Andy P

Runs On Dunkin'

I just got my Nike+, and I need to get the calibration figured out. Once I do, I'd be very excited to use Nike+ data with RA. Thanks!

Outside Lane

I just got my Nike+, and I need to get the calibration figured out. Once I do, I'd be very excited to use Nike+ data with RA. Thanks!
                    +1

See how they run...

twoodcc

sairez, If you're willing to share your code with me, that would save me a lot of work. It will be a little while more before I complete the new log. After that, I imagine it'll take me a month more to add GPS import. I can add support for both at the same time, or Nike+ immediately afterwards. eric :-)
                      well, eric and sairez, i hope that between the 2 of you, maybe ya'll can get nike+ on here somehow. I'd love to see that. and I'd love to help if i can. thanks
                      Mediocrepat

I do really enjoy the look and feel of RA, and appreciate that the developer(s) are asking for suggestions. I have to 2nd/3rd/whatever this option. Not sure how they did it, but check out http://www.buckeyeoutdoors.com/ You log into your nike+ipod account, sign up for a challenge that buckeyeoutdoors setup, and they automatically sync your runs from your nike+ipod account. The problem with their site is that it is a bit "clunky." Keep up the great work! Pat
                          eric, Sorry I haven't checked in on this thread in a while. 26.2 training and all that Wink why don't you drop me an email when you're ready to give nike+ a shot. I can tell you what I know and give you a look at my code. Someone did write an API to pull data directly from the nikeplus site, so that might be one way to go. My code, on the other hand, requires manual upload of the xml files. Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust the nike website with my data at all (serious, the graphs it gives me these days are absurd!). Anyhow, let me know. sairez

sairez, I'm almost finish with the new log. I still have several more pages to complete. Right now, I'm working on the new find maps page. I'm really hoping that I can finish before the end of the year. Once the new log rolls out, I will start working on GPS import. If you are willing to share your code with me, then I will include Nike+ upload in that release. I cannot pull data from the Nike site for legal reasons so XML upload or a standalone client is the way to go. Could you drop me an email when you get a chance so we can discuss this further? Thanks! eric :-)
                              I know the new log is only recently been implemented, but was just wondering if there is an update on progress for nike+ integration. Not sure if you can learn anything from other logs that have this, but here is an example from another log site that has this feature (I set up an account just to see how nike+ works!). http://www.mapmytri.com/view_workout?w=388018626298 the pace data is great for visual displays of pace/speed to manage even paced running or even to check max and mins when interval training or fartlek. very keen to get this on RA - if you couldn't tell Wink

run for fun!

JDehlinger

So....any word on Nike+ integration?