Hand-held water bottles? (Read 748 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is there a certain brand or type that works well for running? Because of where my shingles are located (right along where the waist strap sits) I don't think I will be able to use my Camelbak for a while. While I loathe the idea of carring a bottle in my hand, the thought of anything rubbing that area of my waist give me chills. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

I happened to get a Bike Nashbar catalog last night, and I saw this messenger or sling-style water bottle holder. That might do the trick for ya. http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=66&subcategory=1237&brand=&sku=16119&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=Shop%20by%20Subcat%3A%20Duffels%20and%20Backpacks Otherwise, I know Nathan and Fuel Belt both make hand attachments for water bottles, so you might check those out too.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We get Nashbar and I had noticed that...but I wonder if it would bounce-around the whole way and make me nuts. I'll look for the Nathan and Fuel Belt ones, too. I seem to recall someone a long time ago talking about a water bottle with some sort of hand strap...?

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AHHB.html I think that's what you're looking for.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, yes! That looks PERFECT! Simple, not a bulky, round shape. I may order that. After my run this AM I am going to go to the $$ running store near us. They don't carry all that much, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I have to order a bottle. I hope I can find one locally, though. I'm planning to do a long run tomorrow. I may just have to carry a traditional bottle in the meantime if I have to order one. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This one looks appealing, too.

~ Sarah Kay

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AHHB.html I think that's what you're looking for.
                Oh, yes, I have that one and I love it. I also see a lot of people running with those if that can be any recommendation. Ewa
                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I am going to look specifically for that bottle. If I can't find one locally I will just suffer tomorrow with one of my hubby's smaller bottles that he uses on his bike and order one of those. Would be nice to have for shorter runs this Summer when I don't need the full 45oz of my Camelbak, but still want hydration. k

~ Sarah Kay

Plus the extra weight of the water gives you a (slight) arm workout, right??? Don't forget to swtich arms!Wink
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, true! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really like that Amphipod one, but couldn't find it locally. I did find the Nathan one at our nearest Dick's, though: Pink and 0 shipping... Smile k

~ Sarah Kay