Hand-held water bottles? (Read 748 times)

Needs more cowbell!

Is there a certain brand or type that works well for running? Because of where my shingles are located (right along where the waist strap sits) I don't think I will be able to use my Camelbak for a while. While I loathe the idea of carring a bottle in my hand, the thought of anything rubbing that area of my waist give me chills. k

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Scout7

CPT Curmudgeon

I happened to get a Bike Nashbar catalog last night, and I saw this messenger or sling-style water bottle holder. That might do the trick for ya. http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=66&subcategory=1237&brand=&sku=16119&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=Shop%20by%20Subcat%3A%20Duffels%20and%20Backpacks Otherwise, I know Nathan and Fuel Belt both make hand attachments for water bottles, so you might check those out too.

Needs more cowbell!

We get Nashbar and I had noticed that...but I wonder if it would bounce-around the whole way and make me nuts. I'll look for the Nathan and Fuel Belt ones, too. I seem to recall someone a long time ago talking about a water bottle with some sort of hand strap...?

'14 Goals:

Scout7

CPT Curmudgeon

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AHHB.html I think that's what you're looking for.

Needs more cowbell!

Oh, yes! That looks PERFECT! Simple, not a bulky, round shape. I may order that. After my run this AM I am going to go to the $$ running store near us. They don't carry all that much, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I have to order a bottle. I hope I can find one locally, though. I'm planning to do a long run tomorrow. I may just have to carry a traditional bottle in the meantime if I have to order one. k

'14 Goals:

Needs more cowbell!

This one looks appealing, too.

'14 Goals:

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AHHB.html I think that's what you're looking for.
                Oh, yes, I have that one and I love it. I also see a lot of people running with those if that can be any recommendation. Ewa
                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Needs more cowbell!

I think I am going to look specifically for that bottle. If I can't find one locally I will just suffer tomorrow with one of my hubby's smaller bottles that he uses on his bike and order one of those. Would be nice to have for shorter runs this Summer when I don't need the full 45oz of my Camelbak, but still want hydration. k

'14 Goals:

Plus the extra weight of the water gives you a (slight) arm workout, right??? Don't forget to swtich arms!Wink

Needs more cowbell!

Ha, true! Big grin k

'14 Goals:

Needs more cowbell!

I really like that Amphipod one, but couldn't find it locally. I did find the Nathan one at our nearest Dick's, though: Pink and 0 shipping... Smile k

'14 Goals: