How many miles did you run in 2013? (Read 478 times)

arca

826 :-( want to do 1500 in 2014.

800 last year.  Not bad.  But I need to get in on more races this year.  That will help get up there a little bit more.

Just a dude.

I'll beat that in January this year...

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Prince of Fatness

No idea and it isn't work looking up.  Definitely the fewest in the past ten years or so I am sure.

Not at it at all. 

897 - goal was 1000 but injury got in the way.  Still pretty please with it.  First year that I truly kept track.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

doctorjen

2308.8. My highest yet, but not by a whole lot.

jfa

1300 ish. Lowest in about 6 years.

bpangie

Since I started keeping track I did 2000+ then dipped hard last year to 1700+. Thankfully a good push September-Dec saw me hit 2250+. Here's to 3k next year...

Ben

Running Life Between

goat

Finder of good newts

1,483.6 miles - 236 runs.  I'm at 40 this year, it's a good start.

It's hard to look down if you don't go up

coachsean1

1230 miles.  Was on pace for 1600 in July and a knee injury limited my runs.  Hope to hit 1200 this year but it's up to my knee.

BlacksburgJerome

1255 miles.  It's my personal best.  Injuries are always the limiting factor since I started running marathons.  In 2013 I started training with a heart rate monitor and slowed down, so that probably reduced my injuries.  I did have one after a 50k that lasted a couple months over the summer.  But I bounced back enough to do a slow 50 mile in December.

I'll beat that in January this year...

Hey Kelly, good to see you back at it!  I've been trolling around looking out for posts from you for the last year.  I was a bit worried that you stopped posting shortly after your medical stuff.  Hope you're feeling good and have a good 2014.

maffy95

exactly 500.... hoping for 730 in 2014....

Just a dude.

Hey Kelly, good to see you back at it!  I've been trolling around looking out for posts from you for the last year.  I was a bit worried that you stopped posting shortly after your medical stuff.  Hope you're feeling good and have a good 2014.

Yeah... its been a long road. After my last surgery the medication they put me on just made it really hard to exercise. I don't know what it was. I'd go for a run, and my breathing would be fine, my legs would be fine, but I just felt done. Nothing in me. Like my endurance dropped to nothing.

It was absolutely no fun. It was hard. Every run was a death march. I quickly gave up, and gained tons of weight.

They've worked on my medication dosages, and much of that has gone away. They think they were giving me too much beta blocker (Metropolol). I've been feeling better lately, and am working on losing all that weight again. If I can stay away from the injury bug, I'm hoping to make 2500 miles this year. (Screw that stupid 10% rule, eh?  Wink )

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Man in Tights

1732 miles.

Many more to go before i finally sleep.