a dh brag. The La Jolla Rough Water Swim (Read 577 times)

I think this *may* be the only place I haven't posted his race report! Tongue so darn proud of my man! Sunday was the annual La Jolla Rough Water Swim. Open ocean water swim competition that ranges from 250 yds to the grand finale, The Gatorman 3 mile swim. Dh did the one mile once when he was a kid and did ok. Tried to do again a few years ago and missed the deadline. This year he was competing in the 3 mile Gatorman. Here was the start at La Jolla Cove. We had Christmas pictures take in several locations around there in the last 5 years. La Jolla was packed and we were let in the VIP seating area just above the start line. Free food and beverages! The Hard Rock Cafe provided a separate buffet for Lifeguards and we got to munch on some yummy food! Here is a picture of Mike heading for Take-Off Rock. Mike is behind (left in photo) that is another Lifeguard jumping off Take Off right in front of him a few meters away. And dh coming in... He's so hawt. Blush This was the first time he did the Gatorman Challenge. 500+ competitors. He wanted to come in at 1:20 and he came in at 1:16:24 He came in 13th in his age group!

Jennifer mm#1231

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO WTG MR. lifesabeach!!! Congrats and your dh is HOT Jen! Hope you don't mind me saying that Blush

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO WTG MR. lifesabeach!!! Congrats and your dh is HOT Jen! Hope you don't mind me saying that Blush
        don't mind at all. Blush I think he's pretty hot too. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Sexy man and tell him congrats on the three mile swim ... that's a LONG LONG swim!!
          2009: BQ?