2016 Holiday Running Streak (Read 351 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

My conversation with myself for the last three days..........not going to run, not going to run, nope not today............OK, I'll do it.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Day 18 done.

No longer master of your domain?

This is the thread for that, right?

Work:  Getting in the way of running since 2002.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

FSBD

Day 14. Keep those streaks alive, if you fell off the wagon get back on it and keep going.

"The fishing is best where the fewest go, and the collective insecurity of the world makes it easy for people to hit home runs while everyone else is aiming for base hits. There is just less competition for bigger goals. If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think."

Today is day 30 of my "bread and circuses" streak.  This last month has been interesting on a lot of levels.  I started mixing in doubles last week. Did 4 this morning and am planning on 8 more tonight.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Marylander

So, the holiday running streak is more of a 'run more miles in december' thing for me. Yesterday I did hit a neat number on my streak though, 1234. I kind of like the goofy numbers like that.

danielle2121

Me too-- This is what happens every time I try to streak... two week point and I'm just done. I'm exhausted. I don't think my body was made to run every day... I had to make the choice between continuing streaking or seeing my training for a March marathon take a serious nose dive. I decided to... well Kramer said it best.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Me too-- This is what happens every time I try to streak... two week point and I'm just done. I'm exhausted. I don't think my body was made to run every day... I had to make the choice between continuing streaking or seeing my training for a March marathon take a serious nose dive. I decided to... well Kramer said it best.

I'm taking it day by day. I didn't run most of the year so I'm really feeling it. Nothing hurts, but I'm tired. I feel great once I get out there.

But..... it's December in Florida, so if I can't do this now July is going to be tough.

Day 14 and still at it. Feeling pretty decent overall, but I haven't done anything more than 7 mi since starting.

Winter has finally arrived in WI so the temps in the teens and single digit wind chills should be fun.

obiebyke

1 day off in the past 19. Just completed day 7 in a row this morning. Unheard of!

Definitely feeling it--hungry and my muscles are tight. But I adore the routine and sense of accomplishment. Motivation for MN winter!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Yesterday I did hit a neat number on my streak though, 1234. I kind of like the goofy numbers like that.

I like it!!  Talk about the funny things that motivate us.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Still in! --Christine

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm still in, too.   Just like last year, I definitely feel better when I run even a little bit every day.

FSBD

Day 15 Quote of the day.

"There comes a time in everyone's life when you realize that you are not being your best self. It is at these times that you must look deep inside and decide to suck less."

We are the music makers,

Joann Y

6 miles yesterday in the cold dark windy night. Jeepers.

FSBD

It's cold and lonely in the deep, dark night...

We are the music makers,