problems uploading from Garmin 205 (Read 465 times)

rhetorician

I have the plug in (latest version); I use a Mac. But with Safari and Firefox, the data transfers, but when it uploads, it gives me an error message. After about the 3rd try, the browser just quits (or freezes so I have to force quit); but weirdly, often the workout is there waiting to be saved when I re-open Running Ahead...it's not the end of the world, but I generally have to have about 3 goes before I can upload my data (the quality of what I am uploading is a whole other thread....Big grin)

Thanks

2012 goals

lose 8lbs

run injury free

run 3000k

run sub 60 min 10k

run 2 hour half

2013 goals

run 1750 miles

run injury free

sub 55 10k

sub 25 5k

sub 2 hour half

This sounds like your GPS has corrupt data, which is confusing/crashing the Communicator plugin.  In many cases, holding Mode and Reset buttons for a few seconds will alleviate the problem.  You should connect your GPS directly to your computer as opposed to through your monitor or other USB hubs because the Forerunners are very sensitive to total cable length to the computer.  If nothing helps, you need to keep uploading.  It should eventually succeed.

After you uploaded all your data, delete all the workouts from the GPS, which will also alleviate the problem as well.

rhetorician

thanks - I use a USB hub, so will try connecting directly and wiping the workouts already on the GPS

2012 goals

lose 8lbs

run injury free

run 3000k

run sub 60 min 10k

run 2 hour half

2013 goals

run 1750 miles

run injury free

sub 55 10k

sub 25 5k

sub 2 hour half