New Jersey Marathon (Read 730 times)

You'll BQ for sure! I can't wait! For me, by under 4 hours I mean 3:59. Big grin I'm just curious. What is BQ for women anyhow? How about men?
    http://www.bostonmarathon.org/BostonMarathon/Qualifying.asp

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm giving up my nightly icecream Cry Dh is looking to lose at least 5 lbs before Philly, so it would be mean for me to keep eating the icecream before bed everynight.
      Oh you are too nice! My husband will only eat ice-cream on days that he runs. I'm not a big ice-cream eater but I have been known to sit right on his lap while eating ice-cream on a day that I ran and he didn't. Big grin I'm mean like that.

Michelle

http://www.bostonmarathon.org/BostonMarathon/Qualifying.asp
        Oh. Wow. A chart for that. I thought there would be one time for guys one for girls. Funny! WOW. You're closer than I was thinking! Hmmmmm. I was also thinking it was 3:20 for females.

Michelle

Well if you don't get to run in Feb, know I WILL be qualifying for Boston in either May or October of 2008! That will get you under 4 hours Wink
          Well, of COURSE, you will Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Well, of COURSE, you will Smile
            You're a little bit mean aren't you!? Big grin I do have to take my lunch break at some point, even though I packed baked chicken and red peppers, I could still venture out for a snack for later.

Michelle

Philly Curse

I know BQ qualify for me (18-34 age range) is 3:10.. then as age goes up so does time: Men Women 18-34 3hrs 10min 3hrs 40min 35-39 3hrs 15min 3hrs 45min 40-44 3hrs 20min 3hrs 50min 45-49 3hrs 30min 4hrs 00min 50-54 3hrs 35min 4hrs 05min 55-59 3hrs 45min 4hrs 15min 60-64 4hrs 00min 4hrs 30min 65-69 4hrs 15min 4hrs 45min 70-74 4hrs 30min 5hrs 00min 75-79 4hrs 45min 5hrs 15min 80 and over 5hrs 00min 5hrs 30min
                Pam and I are here.... 35-39 - 3hrs 45min Which for me would mean taking off about 30 minutes from my time now. Pam, not so much, just about 15 minutes.

Michelle

I can't see him but I know right about now my husband is twitching. Roll eyes

Michelle

t_runner

Pam and I are here.... 35-39 - 3hrs 45min Which for me would mean taking off about 30 minutes from my time now. Pam, not so much, just about 15 minutes.
                    Hey Mississippi.. don't mean to stalk here, but I saw in your log you ran a 5K in 21:30! (just one week after your first marathon). BQ of 3:45 is absolutely do-able for you! My BQ time was 3:40, and when I was in good enough shape to run a 22:15 5K, I was able to run a 3:40 marathon. Not just my anecdotal evidence either, McMillan running calculator predicts a 3:29 marathon for a 5K time like that. See - you could totally be joining Pam up in Boston! Big grin

Has anyone done this? I've heard some nice things about it and am actually seriously considering doing it. Hey Michelle any interest? Big grin http://www.njmarathon.org/index.htm
                      A friend of mine who got a stress fracture and is having to take a medical exemption for the NY Marathon is trying to talk me into coming down for that race. I haven't decided what I am going to do quite yet though for races next year.

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

BQ of 3:45 is absolutely do-able for you! My BQ time was 3:40, and when I was in good enough shape to run a 22:15 5K, I was able to run a 3:40 marathon. Not just my anecdotal evidence either, McMillan running calculator predicts a 3:29 marathon for a 5K time like that. See - you could totally be joining Pam up in Boston! Big grin
                        This does give me something to think about. ( I should just start saying sorry to my husband now.) Running a half marathon was not something I thought of doing prior to this year, and I did that. Running a marathon was something I had never thought of doing, and I did that. Running BOSTON...well, never ever has that crossed my mind...till now.

Michelle

Lazy idiot

I'm bad Evil grinNow we just gotta get her to the monkey in 2008 Wink Nice sign!
                          Yesss... excellent. *rubs hands together sinisterly*

Tick tock

Yesss... excellent. *rubs hands together sinisterly*
                            Lets get back to the topic... NEW JERSEY MARATHON - Anyone else running it? *snerk* Monkey = Lots of hills = lots of pain Big grin

Michelle

Along for the Ride

Hey you guys - join the new group "Road to Boston" http://www.runningahead.com/groups/UBQ/ ? Smile

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.