BeastieRoy - re: bar tape question (Read 1348 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sorry...tried to reply to your message and the send button is wonky.

Anyhow...I think it's Cinelli...it's cork tape.  I've seen other orange tapes, though.  It's really nice stuff.  Looks like quite a few places online carry it:

Google Shopping search

Smile

I have heard that the cork can tear somewhat easily.  Guess I'll find out if/when I have my first "oh shit" moment with my clipless pedals. 

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

awesome, ty!

Giant Flaming Dork

I thought I was the only moron who buys that color!  All the cyclists know me as "that guy".  Some of the neighbors beep at me around town cuz I'm sporting the florescent orange.

http://xkcd.com/621/

xhristopher

After years of black, last fall I put *red* Cinelli cork tape on my ride and it turned out almost pink. I was hoping for "fire engine." I do like your orange.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

After years of black, last fall I put *red* Cinelli cork tape on my ride and it turned out almost pink. I was hoping for "fire engine." I do like your orange.

My hubby has some tape that is sort of a deep pink color, too.  But it's worn-out and now he has some Fizik tape in fire engine red.  It looks really cool on his matte gray bike with red Look Keo pedals.

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Don't forget the hot pink brake and shifter cable housings, now.

Gotta find red ones next year.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't forget the hot pink brake and shifter cable housings, now.

Yeah...where do you get off calling your bike "Ruby?"  It should be Pinky. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Perhaps I'll look into that Fizik tape red next but changing perfectly good bar tape is way down the priority list. Perhaps I should try to just wear it out this spring. Other than the shinny gruppo, my bike is very stealthy (black on black on black on black). The bar tape was my first (unsuccessful) foray into color in years.

My hubby has some tape that is sort of a deep pink color, too.  But it's worn-out and now he has some Fizik tape in fire engine red.  It looks really cool on his matte gray bike with red Look Keo pedals.

Red bar tape and red Keo pedals? That guy must be fast! 

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Perhaps I'll look into that Fizik tape red next but changing perfectly good bar tape is way down the priority list. Perhaps I should try to just wear it out this spring. Other than the shinny gruppo, my bike is very stealthy (black on black on black on black). The bar tape was my first (unsuccessful) foray into color in years.

Crash a couple of times, that usually does it.

did

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Red bar tape and red Keo pedals? That guy must be fast! 

Nah, just big enough to do whatever I want and get away with it. 

did

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah, just big enough to do whatever I want and get away with it. 

did

Awesome for drafting behind, though. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Awesome for drafting behind, though. Big grin

Yes, yes I am. I seem to accumulate smaller people behind me on group rides.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes, yes I am. I seem to accumulate smaller people everyone else behind me on group rides.

They don't call you "The Whomper" for nuthin'. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

They don't call you "The Whomper" for nuthin'. Tongue

The first person who can explain that wins 100 Internets.

Whomp whomp.

did