Back of the packers??? (Read 1143 times)

mrmnjewel

I am also a mid-to-back of the pack runner. I am a new runner (getting started at age 38). First 5k last June I did in 36:44. 2nd one in August I did in 33:11. Did my 3rd in December and completed in under 30 (not certain on exact time---this was a new run and there was no official timekeeper). I am going to be doing my first 10k in February. My goal for the 10k is the same as my goal for the first 5k was---to complete it and not come in last. I am reasonably confident I can meet both goals Smile
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

I ran in the Portland, Maine Resolution Run today. There were two courses laid out, one 3- mile and one 6-mile. We all started together. Within a quarter of a mile, I was the LAST runner, lol! I actually ran 3.5 miles (in 43:10, slower than usual because of the uneven, snowy surfaces) because that was what I was scheduled to do. At least some of the 6-milers came in after I did! Proud to be a Back of the Packer, Teresa

Lisa pre-nose injury

likin this thread....any chance of it being a forum, as someone mentioned earlier?
        Lisa Week 9/10 of One Hour Runner

Cause I CAN

likin this thread....any chance of it being a forum, as someone mentioned earlier?
          http://www.runningahead.com/groups/backpackers/Forum
          Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
          http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
          msl

I ran my first race in July 07. It was an 8km race in which I trained and ran with two girlfriends. While we were training for it, my friend's husband said if we ran any slower than a 10mm then we were slow. I think that got suck in my head. At my fastest I am 10:30, but I hover closer to 10:45-11 depending on the route. I always thought, thanks for my friend's husband, I was slow as molasses...Glad to hear that I am average.

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

I ran my first 5K last year at 50. Ran very slow, but got third in my age group (very small race)! I usually run around 11:00 minute miles and in big races I like to say that I am usually the top of the bottom 3rd. LOL. I am trying to be faster and I can run under 11:00 for two miles, but then it makes my last mile slower. Four mile Resolution Run on Monday I ran 10:40 the first two miles and ended up at 46:17! I don't care. I'm just happy to be running.
              March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)