Toaster Ovens (Read 1513 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We don't have an oven, but this pretty much replaces it since it is big enough to cook for two people.

My sense is that this is the key for the Breville.  $250.  That is a load if you also have a regular oven.  But totally cheap if you do not.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Midlevel.

That looks a lot like Medieval.

"run" "2" "eat"

mine is delonghi. not recommended.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

"run" "2" "eat"

only because the wire rack continually gets hung up and i have to wrangle it a bit. everything else about it's actually very good... timer, modes, size, controls, even the cookware that's included - all good. it's just that wonky part that's annoying. not something i'd trash the thing over, but a reason i wouldn't purchase another. mine's not broken, not a "lemon" - the oven is designed so that the door will push the rack back in, but the door has a slight curve and the rack usually rides a wee bit up the curve and gets in a slight bind, instead of returning as it should. so you have to push the rack in and then shut the door. it's really a minor thing, and sounds completely trivial, but on a piece of equipment that you use every day, every little thing is important.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

At home I have a cheap ($25) toaster oven that works fine.  It has a temp control and a simple tick-tick timer with a bell.  It also has a round bulge in the back so you can heat a complete frozen pizza in the included pan.  I like it.  I'll update with the brand when I get home.

At work, they recently bought a big fancy one for the break room, an Oster, with microwave-like electronic controls.  No one can use it because it takes so long to heat up - break is over before the oven gets going.

It's a Rival, cost $40.  Bake, broil, temperature, time.  14" pizza.  Controls do what you tell them to, and don't flake out in a power glitch, unlike the electronic ones.  Just sayin'.

"run" "2" "eat"

"unlike the electronic ones"? your toaster oven is, what, charcoal? wood?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

"unlike the electronic ones"? your toaster oven is, what, charcoal? wood?

Electrical.  Just mechanical switches and thermostat.  No microchips, no touchpads that don't respond.

That medieval one has its charm.  I'm a bit of a Luddite, I guess.

Oh, I meant to add, the Rival has a fan, so I guess it's a convection oven.

RunsForCake

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Too high tech.  The original Easy-Bake ovens were a box with a light bulb as the heating element.

xor

mine is delonghi.

That's what he said.

I have a Black & Decker one that I've had for at least 20 years. We use it almost everyday.

keeponrunning

Too high tech.  The original Easy-Bake ovens were a box with a light bulb as the heating element.

I remember those!  They COULD NOT have been good for you!  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

xor

I remember those!  They COULD NOT have been good for you!  

Why not?

Plus little tiny cakes made by neighborhood little tiny girls were THE BEST.

(when I was a little tiny boy.  Not so much in present context)