Around lake Baikal: 1100 miles in 50 days (Read 110 times)

Fruchtenstein

Yesterday, on July 1, a Moscow ultrarunner Dmitry Yerokhin ran his first 32 miles out of 1100. He is planning to run around lake Baikal in 50 days:

http://ultratrailbaikal.com/en/

From what I know about the course, it's going to be an almost exlusively trail run. Asphalt is a rare thing in those places Smile

Two years ago he ran from Moscow to Sochi in 30 days. If I remember correctly, in 2011 he was a finisher of Marathon des Sables.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Lake Baikal is amazing. A friend was there years ago and her photos were incredible. I think it'd be a great place to run. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Cyberic

A great feat, for sure.

He's doing it as a fund raiser, from what I understand. As I know less than nothing about Russia, I wonder if it's an effective way to raise money?

Fruchtenstein

After 745 miles, Dmitry was sick with strong headache and body temperature about 105F. He was evacuated and later diagnosed with encephalitis. He's going to get back next year.

Frankly, it was rather stupid to go to Siberia forests without encephalitis immunization. Hope, he'll change his mind next time Smile

Fruchtenstein

Cyberic99,

In 2014, Yerokhin ran from Moscow to Sochi (975 miles in 26 days and 1 hour) and raised a bit more than 100,000 rubles (around $2800 at that time).