Should I change my avatar? (Read 922 times)

Future running partner.

New around here just testing my avatar out.
    KEEEWWWWLLLLL!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, my 11 y.o. wants a digital camera for Christmas. She is pretty specifc - at least 7.2MP which would make it better than my 5.0MP camera. Smile
      Is she planning to actually make enlargements of the photos she takes, or just post them online? 7.2mp is overkill for what most kids would want to do. Plus, the more megapixels, the more lag between shots, so if she wants to be able to take several photos in close succession it won't be possible. More megapixels ≠ better. That's probably the biggest fallacy in digital photography. Better lens and in-camera processor = better image quality. There are a lot of really crappy digital cameras out there with high megapixel ratings. If she wants to really learn a bit about photography she'd be better off with a camera that has fewer megapixels and some manual capabilities (if you're looking at 2 cameras at the same price point). In that respect digital isn't better than film. Learning how to get a great shot in one or two tries is not the same as taking a hundred shots and getting 1 or 2 good ones by chance. She's definitely old enough to learn a bit about composition and basic exposure/lighting.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yep, just wanted to echo -- mikeymike, that's a sweet avatar. And yes, Soxie is a Big Guy cat. Gregarious, a good head-bumper, with a nice loud motor.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And yes, Soxie is a Big Guy cat. Gregarious, a good head-bumper, with a nice loud motor.
          Oh, that sounds exactly like our "Buddy." He was a helluva great friend.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jazz hands!

I hear you. I had grown tired of my own avatar of David Ortiz but because I'm insane I could not change it while the Sox were still playing for fear of jinxing them. So I waited until the season ended Sunday night to replace it with a cool pic my 11 y.o. took of me and my 5 y.o.
            It took me a shamefully long time to realize that wasn't you, by the way.
            run run run AHHHHHH run run run

A Saucy Wench

It took me a shamefully long time to realize that wasn't you, by the way.
              I knew it wasnt him...cause I am a baseball person. But in my head I still always picture Mikey as a David ortiz look alike, but faster. Roll eyes Even after I knew what Mikey really looked like. I wonder how many months of the new avatar it will take me to change that mental image...think I can do it before baseball season starts again?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jazz hands!

I knew it wasnt him...cause I am a baseball person. But in my head I still always picture Mikey as a David ortiz look alike, but faster.
                Yeah--I'm not a baseball person at all. Except I went to a Dodgers game a while ago, but that was because my friend convinced me to sit in the all-you-can-eat section. Yum. But I fear that Mikey will always be David Ortiz in my head. There are worse things.
                run run run AHHHHHH run run run