Son's Track Meet (Read 1152 times)

I'm quoting to myself! (before I have to eat crow) After searching back through some old records, maybe I am mistaken and that my son ran the 3200 at States and not the 5K. I'll check with him tonight to clarify it, but I do know that at his high Schol and in the Berkshire Leaque, they ran the 5K and left out the 4X800 except at the leaque championship. (Hey at my age, you sometimes get a bit foggy on details)
    The 5K was run in CT and at State competition up to 5 years ago when my son graduated (and at least 5 years previous to that as we knew another runner from his school who ran it). Our son qualified and ran the 5K all four years at the State Competition. Some schools did not have the 5K, such as Farmington high School, they instead had the 4X800. Other schools did not do the 4X800 but had the 5K and a few did both. At the State Competition, then ran both the 5K and the 4X800 for the boys. However they were making an effort to eliminate the 5K 5 years ago. So I just went and checked, because it's the time of year for States and found out that one of the four divisions was run yesterday and there was no 5K. Here is the website http://www.plattsys.com/results/res2008/cscout.htm Slosh252, out of curiosity, where did you go to school?

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Okay, I have gotten the correct information on the 5K. My son ran the 5K at the States his freshman and sophmore year and then they dropped it from the State competation and he ran the 3200 the next two years. So I was partially right and partially wrong. I think that would mean that in 2000 and 2001 they had it. However, his high school and the Berkshire leaque and some of the other schools kept the 5K in thier track meets while he was in school and at least for a few years afterwards.
      I'm quoting to myself! (before I have to eat crow) After searching back through some old records, maybe I am mistaken and that my son ran the 3200 at States and not the 5K. I'll check with him tonight to clarify it, but I do know that at his high Schol and in the Berkshire Leaque, they ran the 5K and left out the 4X800 except at the leaque championship. (Hey at my age, you sometimes get a bit foggy on details)

LPH

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congratulations! Your son definitely seems to be on the right path, and its amazing he's running so many miles a week. You deserve to be proud and shout it to the world (or at least the internet, which is pretty much the same thing nowadays). Chris

Chris
        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, everyone! He's running the 1600 and 3200 in the conference meet on Saturday. It's supposed to rain, so he will be happy. He loves "bad" running conditions. Larry, that's interesting that they discontinued the 5K. I wish we had it up here, but there probably wouldn't be many kids running it, because even the 3200 doesn't get a lot of participation.
            Brings back a memory I have of the only year he decided to participate in the Junior Olympics Track and Field. There were only three kids who competed in CT. Then the regionals were up in Maine (Portland at some college). He was the only one from the whol New England District who showed up to run the 5K. They told him he didn't even have to run to go to Nationals because he automatically qualified. He wanted to run, so they decided to have him run with the younger group who was doing the 3200. So the timing and everything was screwed up and then the other kids all finished their 3200 and he's still out there running and the only ones who really knew what was going on were us. In the end, they didn't even have an official time for him. Left a bad taste in his mouth nad he decided not to go to the Nationals. He never bothered with the J.O. Track and Field again. Does your son do Junior Olympics at all (CCC or TF?) We had a lot of fun doing the J.O.

LPH