Packing a Lunch (Read 1247 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

you seem to have requoted me.

Yes indeedypops

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yes indeedypie

You use freaky expressions.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Carl A

The best part about packing a lunch is that, because I can eat it while working, I can run on my lunchbreak.

The worst part is that I usually eat it all by like 10 AM.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

keeponrunning

Wow, it's amazing I didn't die as a kid!  Dead  There were only two occasions I can recall any food going bad I brought to lunch, once was a 'yogurt' and another the butter on a piece of bread.  Both tasted gross so both went in the garbage.  I did have good marks but I would really hope any kid would have that much common sense to throw it out if it's gone bad.  Oh, and my muffin that I discovered had mold on it this afternoon went in the garbage, but I'm guessing I just wasn't observative while packing this morning, it didn't magically appear due to no freezer back.  Rant ended.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Slice

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Julia1971

http://easylunchboxes.smugmug.com/The-Best-Lunchbox-System/Yummy-Lunch-Ideas/10136835_YSuyb#696914291_YxmUd

Lunch ideas. Sprinkle with food borne illness, if preferred.

Neat.  This is the kind of hand holding I need.  If you find pictures of someone's grocery cart let me know.  Smile

I've packed the my lunch and snacks the last two days.  Went with monotony: three pieces of fruit, salad, fish, almonds, yogurt w/granola, milk and cookies.  (Some days, you just need milk and cookies in the afternoon).  I've been keeping it all at room temp.  So far, so good.

FWIW, Lock & Lock containers are awesome!  They have a line of BPA-free stuff, if you're into that.  I've found the containers to be air- and liquid-tight, which is nice if (when) your stuff gets moved or just shifts in a briefcase, car, etc.  And many of the sizes come with optional internal dividers, so you can mimic those easylunchbox pictures.

(No affiliation.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

FWIW, Lock & Lock containers are awesome!  They have a line of BPA-free stuff, if you're into that.  I've found the containers to be air- and liquid-tight, which is nice if (when) your stuff gets moved or just shifts in a briefcase, car, etc.  And many of the sizes come with optional internal dividers, so you can mimic those easylunchbox pictures.

(No affiliation.)

These are all I use if any liquid is involved.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

heather85

He suggested that parents could pack food for their children that isn't so dependent on being kept at a proper temperature, like fruit or peanut butter.

Not at schools around here. Not if you don't want to be strung up in front of the school as an example to other parents thinking of bringing a nut on school grounds.

Better luck packing a gun sandwich.

That'd be "packing heat".

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau