I made a map of all the bridges in NYC you can run over (Read 130 times)

Seanv2

Years ago, New York Ultra runner Phil McCarthy did a project where he recorded all the bridges in New York you can run over. I took that information and turned it into a google map.

You can see it here. 

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Ojo

Perhaps you need to run The Great New York 100 Exposition and experience it first hand.  I highly recommend it.  Phil runs an amazing urban adventure! 

Sara

MM #2929

Seanv2

Perhaps you need to run The Great New York 100 Exposition and experience it first hand.  I highly recommend it.  Phil runs an amazing urban adventure! 

Have you done that??? Its on my bucket list!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Joann Y

That's neat. Would have been handy last time I was in New York. Hopefully I'll get a chance to use it in the future.

Ojo

Yes!  I did the 100 miles last year with another RA member.  We had a blast despite the rain and an extra 3 miles.  If I wasn't having some issues this year I would have signed up again.

Definitely do it -- just be ready to sign up fast as it filled up in less than 2 hours.

Have you done that??? Its on my bucket list!

Sara

MM #2929

Seanv2

Yes!  I did the 100 miles last year with another RA member.  We had a blast despite the rain and an extra 3 miles.  If I wasn't having some issues this year I would have signed up again.

Definitely do it -- just be ready to sign up fast as it filled up in less than 2 hours.

Yeah, I saw how fast it filled out this year! Looks like an incredible event.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

AnneCA

Nice map!  I love that most of the bridges in NYC are walkable/bikeable.  Here in the Bay Area, that's not the case, although they're being added in some cases where they can be (and, generally, we're talking about much longer bridges).

Having run the Triboro span between Wards and Queens, I am in complete agreement with the blog post you link on that bridge.  I would have stopped to take a picture, but I just wanted down - and I'm not generally afraid of heights.  The bicyclists who breezed past must have had nerves of steel, given how low the railing is.

Seanv2

Nice map!  I love that most of the bridges in NYC are walkable/bikeable.  Here in the Bay Area, that's not the case, although they're being added in some cases where they can be (and, generally, we're talking about much longer bridges).

Having run the Triboro span between Wards and Queens, I am in complete agreement with the blog post you link on that bridge.  I would have stopped to take a picture, but I just wanted down - and I'm not generally afraid of heights.  The bicyclists who breezed past must have had nerves of steel, given how low the railing is.

Yes, it is definitely one of the things NYC has gotten right. Community from the outer boroughs into Manhattan by either bike or running is pretty easy. But good luck run commuting over the Bay Bridge, I think you'd get arrested.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com