From 15K to Half Marathon (Read 479 times)

Saturday is my half marathon on my trec to set state age group records for 10K, 5K, 10m, 1m, 4m, 15k, half mar, and 8k (Thanksgiving Day). This record is my hardest since it is 1:30. I ran 15K weekend before last and managed 1:00:49 so I believe I am ready to do this. It is relatively flat and the weather is going to be 60 degrees at the start (hopefully no wind). Supposed to be a flat course. My husband has been training with me and will run too. This will be extra added impetus to run fast as I love to beat him every chance I get. Kind of stressed right now, this being my last semester of nursing school (and the "weed out" semester at my school). Naturally, I am trying to keep my string of A's alive and working part time in the ICU at the hospital. Standing up takes a little out of my old legs but I managed to get tomorrow off so I am planning to sit in bed all day. Some guy from Running Times called today and I believe he is talking about doing some article in the Age Group Aces section. He wants to talk... My most favorite race is going to be Bowling Green 10k, though. It is Oct 25. They have prizes for open, masters, and grandmasters. This will be my first year as a grandmasters and I hope I will win it. That's my racing report for awhile. Wish me luck.

Cryptic

Good Luck to you. I am sure you will smash it. Look forward to the report.

Another Passion

Best of luck to you, Amy!

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Best of luck. As I'm sure you're aware that 15k time predicts you should crush 1:30 whichever table you look at. In addition, 15k is close to the 1/2 marathon distance so it's not like predicting a marathon from a 5k time... John
          Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Very coo, Amy! I can't wait to see how you do! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My legs are killing me

Best of luck in the race! And it's really cool you went back to school for nursing. Good luck on that too!
                1:27:13 It was a pretty good day. A little slower pace than the 15k, but four more miles!! Sure wish I could translate it into a marathon. Then I could join the sub three hour group!!
                  Great time Amy! Cool

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

1:27:13 It was a pretty good day. A little slower pace than the 15k, but four more miles!! Sure wish I could translate it into a marathon. Then I could join the sub three hour group!!
                    Nice!! You certainly put your mark on that record. I think that puts you up there in the 85% range on the wava tables. John
                    Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.
                      Great racing, Amy. I knew you were sandbagging with your talk about 1:30 being such a challenge Wink. I couldn't imagine you not runing at least in low 1:28's. To run a minute faster than that doesn't surprise me a bit. I think you should join the thread. You've just started to focus more on longer races and are obviously on the improve. Just having this one under your belt is likely give you bump for the next one. Congratulations!
                      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33