Thank a Vet (Read 325 times)

Maggie & Molly

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to the many vets that share this RA space with me.  You make it possible for me to do all the things I take for granted each and every day.  thank you from the very bottom of my heart.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

C-R

You know it.

Thanks to all those serving and served.

Everyday you remind us that freedom isn't free.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to the many vets that share this RA space with me.  You make it possible for me to do all the things I take for granted each and every day.  thank you from the very bottom of my heart.

Couldn't have said it better. Thank you all! Smile

You're welcome.

1/6 2nd MARDIV 88-91, 1/25 USMCR 91-97.

For a number of years I've been playing with the local summer band on Veterans day (and Memorial day) at the American Legion in town (1st trombone this time, my chops are totally shot). it's someting I feel really good about doing- being part of the ceremony and thinking about all the lives lost over the years.

(US Army 1967-1969)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I just played a Vet's Day concert, including Copland's Lincoln Portrait and the standard Armed Forces Salute.  Pleased to honor our vets.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

+1 on the Your Welcome with a hearty helping of thanks!

NMCB-9 (Seabees) China Beach/Danang East '65-66; Red Beach/Danang '66-67, 19th & 20th birthdays in country....

Baxter (my little Yorkie service/therapy dog),  & I marched 2.7mi with the Veterans Center group in yesterday's Veterans Day parade. It was the first time that I've marched since getting home. A buddy of mine & I had all you can eat pancakes Veterans Day special at Denny's this morning!.

Baxter & I with folks from the Veterans Center

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.