what a crappy holiday day! (Read 719 times)

of all days to have off. Dh has Mondays off, we homeschool so the kids are free, I don't have to babysit today, and guess what we are doing? We are watching it rain...non stop. I almost feel like making everyone do school and save up for a sunny day break. Undecided and forget my run. I'll run if the rain starts in the middle of my run, no problem. But I'm not purposefully setting out to run in a downpour. No you know what this means? I either have to do something horribly domestic like bake, or exhaustingly cheerful like playing games with them, or outrageously expensive like take them to a movie. Bah humbug.

Jennifer mm#1231

Scout7

Not gonna run? Because of rain? I would gladly trade positions with you at this point.
        Not gonna run? Because of rain? I would gladly trade positions with you at this point.
        I know I sound redundant but I'm a So. CA girl which is synonymous with weather wimp. Blush ok, now see...the wind is reeeeeeeeeally blowing and the rain is coming down at an angle. This is extreme.

Jennifer mm#1231

Scout7

You're talking to someone who ran a 10 mile race in a literal blizzard.... I understand. I just wish I were able to run right now.
          mikeymike

I'd take rain right now. That would mean it would have to be above 32F. And it would also make the friggin snow go away so I could use the shoulder of the road and not have to play chicken with s---heads in cars anymore.

Runners run

What is rain? Is that what we had in, ummmm...July? That is the less solid version of the piles of stuff in my yard & on the road, right? I'm going to go pray for rain...
              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

madness baby

I know I sound redundant but I'm a So. CA girl which is synonymous with weather wimp. Blush
                The girl does not lie. Southern Californians are missing something when it comes to dealing with not-perfect weather. I have lived here for only 5 years and occasionally fall to this syndrome as well. It is painful. Having grown up with Mississippi's humidity and stormy seasons, it surprises me when I don't want to run when it's only 55. It was 85 yesterday and my still-sunburned shoulders don't want to deal with the wind! It's also raining in LA today, and I just got off the freeway (thankfully!). What a dangerous place. Driving in southern California on a rainy day is like driving in Boston during a Nor'Easter. Cars are moving all over the road and people are driving 30 mph and looking fearfully at the road. People avoid going out. Craziness. . . but I can understand when every other day is such a treat. Bad timing, I guess, Jennifer. Sad
                deb
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd take rain right now. That would mean it would have to be above 32F. And it would also make the friggin snow go away so I could use the shoulder of the road and not have to play chicken with s---heads in cars anymore.
                  That has been my world for the past month...today it is 40ยบ...a veritable heatwave...and the sun is shining! Time to break out the umbrella drinks and flip-flops! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The girl does not lie. Southern Californians are missing something when it comes to dealing with not-perfect weather. I have lived here for only 5 years and occasionally fall to this syndrome as well. It is painful. Having grown up with Mississippi's humidity and stormy seasons, it surprises me when I don't want to run when it's only 55. It was 85 yesterday and my still-sunburned shoulders don't want to deal with the wind! It's also raining in LA today, and I just got off the freeway (thankfully!). What a dangerous place. Driving in southern California on a rainy day is like driving in Boston during a Nor'Easter. Cars are moving all over the road and people are driving 30 mph and looking fearfully at the road. People avoid going out. Craziness. . . but I can understand when every other day is such a treat. Bad timing, I guess, Jennifer. Sad
                    LOL! someone understaaaaaaaaaaands me! Blush Ok, so I just got back from a quick trip to the store and saw some guy running in the rain, completely drenched. I think I might be able to muster up some motivation here...in a couple of hours... Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

ok, I'm sorry for complaining. Tongue It wasn't so bad...actually, it felt great! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Scout7

Normally, you would think this is where someone (like me) might throw in a "Told ya so!" But we've all got more class than that. Glad that you went running, and glad you had a good time. Running in the rain is pretty fun. At least so long as it's warm outside.
                          ok, I'm sorry for complaining. Tongue It wasn't so bad...actually, it felt great! Big grin
                          OK, maybe I am not a So CA girl. I live in SF Bay Area but CA weather spoiled me rotten so when I got to Poland I was totally devastated by the weather. Then I decided that either I run or I go nuts. My experience has been just like yours, it's not bad once you muster courage to step outside. It is even more fun when you see people staring at you in total disbelief. Glad you braved the elements. Ewa
                          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Dog-Love

There is just nothing like post-holing through snow to make your legs stronger. Kind of like running at Malibu beach I imagine. Although trade the bikini for the 3 layers of running gear.
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There is just nothing like post-holing through snow to make your legs stronger. Kind of like running at Malibu beach I imagine. Although trade the bikini for the 3 layers of running gear.
                              I agree. I KNOW my legs have gotten super strong the past few weeks. I have a feeling my pace will be quicker once I'm feeling less under the weather, too. The roads are mostly clear and I hope it stays that way for a while so that I can start doing speedwork! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay