200 miles in February (Read 822 times)

To some this might not seem to be that big of an accomplishment but to me it is really big. In the past 2 years my family has grown by double (my wife and I now have 2 kids under the age of 2) which has limited my running to half as much. I have only ran 200+ miles in a month 1 time in the past 2 years. I am training for a spring marathon and this was the month to build up the base, next month is going to be the month to use that base for some much needed speed! Wish me luck! Big grin

The Thunder

Keep pouring on those miles and you won't need luck! Nice work!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Certifiably Insane

Congrats, Mark! That's quite an accomplishment! I was just a little behind you. I 'only' got in 188 in Feb. But, that's not bad for either of us, considering it's a short month. I'm only training for 5K's, so I have never really done this kind of base mileage before. I decided to try something a little different this year, though. Keep up the good work!
        On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
        missy1102

mark and john, some great running going out there! keep it up!
          KvnJns

Mark, I checked out your log. I gotta congratulate you on that 50K. DUDE.........Very impressive. Well done.

Kevin

Thanks everyone! Hopefully the month of March will go well and I will be in good position to break 2.50 in my marathon in April.
              Mark, I checked out your log. I gotta congratulate you on that 50K. DUDE.........Very impressive. Well done.
              The 50K was a lot of fun, I had ran that race many times before but never finished it, I usually went after 21 miles or a little more than that. That was my second "official" ultra, I am sure one day I will do a 50 and 100 miler but I am too young for that as of yet! Tongue
                At the peak of my last marathon training I got close to 200 once, but no cigar for me. Congrats, and best of luck with your time goal Mark!

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

In the past 2 years my family has grown by double (my wife and I now have 2 kids under the age of 2) which has limited my running to half as much.
                  Good job on the mileage, man. I have a 20 month old and 4 month old. I didn't run a ton before kids, so my mileage hasn't suffered that much, but the lack of free time is staggering. Last night I did 7 miles on the treadmill after the wife and kids were asleep. Thank god for Hulu.com and Netflix instant viewing.