April Fools?? or new standards for BQ (Read 2531 times)

I really doubt there will be any legal ramifications.  It was kinda funny.

Runners run

i sacrificed the gift

right, it would be a fairly straightforward subpoena.  whoever made it didn't even take down the copyright.

at least the legal statement is broken.  dont know if that is intentional or what.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
      Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
      Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA

i sacrificed the gift

yeah, i think the baa would find it humorous.  it certainly has the potential to become an pretty big issue though, i just wanted to throw that out there.
        bhearn

Flourcity, it works better like this...

http://www.bostonmarathon.org/BostonMarathon/2011.html

Or, even better, add this:

As a frequent Boston runner, I'm
          pleased that this will hopefully
          relieve the early-sellout problems
          in the 2010 race. Registration should
          last must longer next year.

Field size has also been tightened --
          old = 25,000, new = 15,000. Overall,
          one has to wonder how people will
          like these changes.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

whoever made that website could find themselves in a very serious legal pickle, very quickly

On what grounds?  The only thing I can think of is trademark/copyright for the BAA logo, and since this is clearly a parody, I doubt that would fly.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

GST

Yeah, it's funny now that I know it's a prank. 

It was less funny to me when I got a link in my email and was immediately on the phone with my husband explaining how I need to go through another hard marathon training cycle or two and he'd just have to understand and complaining they didn't give more notice... *blush*

If it weren't for catching the field size on rereading (I went straight to the qualifying times at first), I'd still be in planning mode. 

i sacrificed the gift

On what grounds?  The only thing I can think of is trademark/copyright for the BAA logo, and since this is clearly a parody, I doubt that would fly.

when you purport to be an organization, such as ©2010 Boston Athletic Association, and say something, you are putting that organizations relationship with it's sponsors and advertisers at risk.  this website has both the adidas and john hancock logo on it.  should baa decide that they may suffer financial loss because of this prank, or should their advertisers or sponsors become upset with it, who is responsible?

it is ridiculous when you think about this for what it is, but this is the country we live in.

i have seen people lose their shit for less.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

when you purport to be an organization, such as ©2010 Boston Athletic Association, and say something, you are putting that organizations relationship with it's sponsors and advertisers at risk.  this website has both the adidas and john hancock logo on it.  should baa decide that they may suffer financial loss because of this prank, or should their advertisers or sponsors become upset with it, who is responsible?

it is ridiculous when you think about this for what it is, but this is the country we live in.

i have seen people lose their shit for less.

You're not going to be able to (successfully) bring an action based on that unless you can demonstrate some harm.  And I'm guessing that the BAA hasn't suffered any provable financial loss due to this Smile

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

she runs like a girl

Wow at first glance it almost got me!

I was planning on training for a marathon to qualify for Boston in about 2 years time.

I was ready t set that goal back a few more years... like 20... like when I turn 40

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

i sacrificed the gift

You're not going to be able to (successfully) bring an action based on that unless you can demonstrate some harm.  And I'm guessing that the BAA hasn't suffered any provable financial loss due to this Smile

what i am saying is, someone can lose their shit, and they could.

whatever, i am not trying to get all lawyery, just saying that it's a little risky to wget someones website and host it somewhere else without changing anything.

GST

Wow at first glance it almost got me!

I was planning on training for a marathon to qualify for Boston in about 2 years time.

I was ready t set that goal back a few more years... like 20... like when I turn 40

kimmi, kimmi, kimmi, even at 3:30 you have the talent (shown in your 5k PR) to qualify for Boston given any type of solid marathon prep.

someone can lose their shit

This is a daily goal of mine. I'm usually successful.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

she runs like a girl

kimmi, kimmi, kimmi, even at 3:30 you have the talent (shown in your 5k PR) to qualify for Boston given any type of solid marathon prep.

Poisonivy, I do appreciate the compliment Smile but I know that I do not have the endurance to go that far at that pace. I have accepted that the marathon is something that is hard to do well. I need to be running a lot more than the 30-40km that I have been each week to reach that goal!

But thank God (on this lovely easter weekend) that said website was a joke!

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

A Saucy Wench

Poisonivy, I do appreciate the compliment Smile but I know that I do not have the endurance to go that far at that pace. I have accepted that the marathon is something that is hard to do well. I need to be running a lot more than the 30-40km that I have been each week to reach that goal!

But thank God (on this lovely easter weekend) that said website was a joke!

Kimmi. You dont have the endurance NOW because you havent trained for it and you are 20.  But yeah, if you train seriously for a marathon you will get it.    Even if they do tighten it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

she runs like a girl

Kimmi. You dont have the endurance NOW because you havent trained for it and you are 20.  But yeah, if you train seriously for a marathon you will get it.    Even if they do tighten it.

Yeah that whole endurance thing gets me everytime.

If you look at my 5k PR versus my HM PR, the pace difference is ridiculous. Even between a 5k and a 10k, I can't hold that pace. I'm going to try to up my mileage after my exams and see if that helps