Toaster Ovens (Read 1513 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Do you have one?

Which one?

Do you like it?

Our 5 year old Krupps just blew.  It seved us well, but needs to be replaced.

MrH

We have a Hamilton Beach with quite a few bells and whistles. I have no idea on the model number. We picked it up in Costco when we needed one about five years ago and it has had no issues.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We have a large, but basic one...not a high end brand (toastmaster?). 15 years old or so. Used daily...we'd be lost without it (it was priceless during the week or two with no appliances when we bought our house). We want a larger convection one, next time.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

if you want something that toasts bread, any toaster will do. theyre a pretty simple little contraption and all work exactly the same so if youre not looking for features you might as well get the cheapest.

you can also get something that does a little more if youre into pushing buttons and knobs and all that jazz.

Prince of Fatness

I couldn't even tell you what ours is.  We usually buy something cheap and replace it when it breaks.  We have a separate toaster to toast bread, etc., so we just use ours as an oven.

Not at it at all. 

Dave

The real question is why small appliances are made so cheaply that even a high end snooty model like a Krupps breaks within 5 years.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

itsonlyme

Breville,

Ours was just around 250.00, pricey I know for a toaster oven, but its wonderul and you can do anything with ot. I have been very happy/

Got mine at QVC, very limited shopping here where i live.

Good luck

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Wolfgang Puck Bistro. DW  is very satisfied with it. 3 yrs old.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

if you want something that toasts bread, any toaster will do. theyre a pretty simple little contraption and all work exactly the same so if youre not looking for features you might as well get the cheapest.

you can also get something that does a little more if youre into pushing buttons and knobs and all that jazz.

We like to use it to bake small volumes without having to turn on a whole oven.  Cooking a single grilled cheese, for example.  Or reheating a slice of pizza.

I couldn't even tell you what ours is.  We usually buy something cheap and replace it when it breaks. 

I get this, but I prefer to have something that lasts.  It breaks my heart throwing out a big appliance.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The real question is why small appliances are made so cheaply that even a high end snooty model like a Krupps breaks within 5 years.

Agreed.

Prince of Fatness

I get this, but I prefer to have something that lasts.  It breaks my heart throwing out a big appliance.

Our cheapo models generally last as long as your Krupps did.

And a toaster oven is big?  We hide ours in a cabinet when not using it.  It ain't big.

Not at it at all. 

dennrunner

Making grilled cheese in an oven is like making pumpkin pie from a can. And wouldn't that make it "toasted" cheese, anyway?

We have had a Oster convection toaster oven that wasn't too expensive but has served us great for the last eight or nine years.  I am far from any kind of chef, but the little fan makes a huge difference.  We are very happy with it.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Best Present Ever

We  have a Cuisinart.  I think it was a CR recommended choice when we bought it.  It's fine -- has a convection setting I like a lot.  We use it a lot -- reheating things, making cheese toast, making regular toast, cooking a few cookies (I make dough and freeze it raw) at a time.  The only thing I don't Iike is that it's a bit hard to clean. There's a bottom tray that comes off to clean the crumbs, but you can't take the door off and really clean in the cracks. 

Prince of Fatness

Or reheating a slice of pizza.

Dude, two words ..... frying pan.  It's the only way, really.  Trust me on this.

Not at it at all.