Unusual ways to lower the risk of injury... (Read 941 times)

Non ducor, duco.

I gave up on downhill skiing, also. I had a good excuse - my calves have gotten so big my ski boots don't fit anymore!
    HEE-hee! I hear ya! There is NO way I would give up the little skiing I can do. I gave up high heels..mostly, sorta. My achilles can't take them everyday with all the running. I still like to pet them in the stores though.

Prince of Fatness

I love running, but unless it's the difference between me making the Olympic team or not, I will never do this.
      I'm actually thinking about it for my next marathon, but not 6 months. Maybe a month or two. I don't know though. I start shaking whenever I think about it.

Not at it at all. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm someone who LOVES to rollerblade. It was just after I started back into running that I decided to get a newer, smoother, speedier pair since DH and I were planning on going more often. After our first 2 hr trip, almost to the car, I took the worst fall ever. It sidelined me for about a year and I was unable to get back into running like I'd wanted. I sold the brand new rollerblades and have vowed to not risk it again. It was hard to sell them, but I love running more!
        Ha, I also bought a better pair of inline skates about the same time I started running. I was never particularly experienced with inline skating, but the first pair I had were those hard plastic boots and the new pair were softer with larger wheels. I think I used them for all of 30 minutes before selling them on eBay. Decided that a fall could sideline me for too long. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay