When can I be a runner? (Read 1419 times)

Dave

I was running in a tourist area and (in a moment of weakness) stopped to take a picture of a family with their camera. You know the story. 5000 pictures of everyone but Dad so I figured I'd do them a favor. I took the picture and turned and as I handed back the camera "Enjoy your jog!!" Grrrrr....

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

To me, a jogger is one of those who wears velour sweatsuits.
      Why do you hate those runners who have a great sense of style?
      Carps10

the definition of jogging is "running at a slow pace." The word slow is relative. A pro runner could consider 6:00 pace a jog. I might consider 7:30 pace a jog. The average person might consider 8:00 pace ridiculously fast. So, in a way, any easy run can be considered a jog. But I'm not much for arguing semantics...words are just words.
          Why do you hate those runners who have a great sense of style?
          Ok, you're kinda creepin' me out here. Tell us all you're joking--PLEASE! Wink Joggers are the people in the neighborhood who get out and run around the block for a few days after they see you take off on your (almost) daily run. They'll quit in a couple of days and never make eye contact with you again. TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Giant Flaming Dork

Ok, you're kinda creepin' me out here. Tell us all you're joking--PLEASE! Wink Joggers are the people in the neighborhood who get out and run around the block for a few days after they see you take off on your (almost) daily run. They'll quit in a couple of days and never make eye contact with you again. TC
            Damn. I was that jogger at one time. My next door neighbor does 3.5 miles every day and I ran with him for a few days. Never was able to look him in the eye again. Now he thinks I'm nuts for running 8+mi.

http://xkcd.com/621/

Now he thinks I'm nuts for running 8+mi.
              Now YOU'RE the runner and HE's the jogger... Big grin TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Flat footer

From dictionary.com jog·ging, noun –verb (used without object) 7. to run at a leisurely, slow pace, esp. as an outdoor exercise: He jogs two miles every morning to keep in shape. Roll eyes
                    Check out that thread: - R
                    Yeah, that's a good thread. My answer to the that OP's question is on Page 3 of the thread, and number 3) of three examples given might amuse the maniacs... #970