Bhearn Call out.... (Read 320 times)

DoppleBock

Are you pointing out that Bob is old? 50-54 ... Makes and almost 50 yo guy think - Hmmm it might be worth getting in shape to chase these records.

It will be a long shot to go after ... but fun reason to train !

Go Bob !

While you were sleeping, Bob Hearn and Courtney Dauwalter broke their American AG records (50-54 and 30-34, respectively) for the 200K! 🇱🇷🇱🇷

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

bhearn

Well, I can't imagine not giving it another try, though it's too late for this year's team.

So... I'm actually going to take one final shot. Run4Water, Lebanon, TN, 4/1-4/2.

It's only 5 weeks after Riverbank, and I'd ruled it out as too close, but I feel good, and don't see what I have to lose. My model says I have a 64% chance of getting kicked off the team if I don't go.

Anyone want to come to Lebanon (just outside Nashville) and crew?

Not_Race_Coach

'15 Forumite of the Year

So... I'm actually going to take one final shot. Run4Water, Lebanon, TN, 4/1-4/2.

It's only 5 weeks after Riverbank, and I'd ruled it out as too close, but I feel good, and don't see what I have to lose. My model says I have a 64% chance of getting kicked off the team if I don't go.

It's only a 2 hour drive for me and I really want to witness this.

...this post has been brought to you by gossip websites and whiskey.

jfa

Anyone who has been paying attention around here knows what kind of effort you have been putting out Bob.

You are your toughest critic. All the rest of us (with maybe the exception of DB who earned it) are in awe.

Go get it.

xhristopher

It's Cracker Barrel's HQ. I hear Brad's wife has some extra time on her hands.

rlopez

4 hour drive for me, but I have to work Saturday (and am ditching my own race to work). So I will just send you good midwest mojo, at least for the weather.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Wow.  Great job!  I like to stalk bhearn's log all of the time since he does such an incredible amount of work.  It paid off big time.

I haven't stalked the log (yet?) but I've certainly taken advantage of free words posted in these very forums. Really happy to see this achievement for bhearn. Very cool!!

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

keeponrunning

Eh, dude, you rock!  Sorry, couldn't help myself. 

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/8da70121cbab448781c1036f54ce3cc1/workouts/d4df841156184a9491bdd371203d4f5d

I personally like how he hit 150mi in 24 hours then just kept going for another 2.2 miles 

MTA:  Also, he ran my goal marathon pace.  For 24 hours.  I suddenly feel inadequate.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

bhearn

Thanks. But as it turns out, I came up 300 feet short of making the national team. That's what it's all been about for the past two years.

Thanks. But as it turns out, I came up 300 feet short of making the national team. That's what it's all been about for the past two years.

What?!?  No way!  F*&K!  Insert many more expletives here.  Do they have an "alternates" list?  It ain't over until its over.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

bhearn

Yes, I'm first alternate. And I'm going to World Championships in Belfast anyway. I can compete in the open race, and this year for the first time there are world master's titles to compete for in 5-year age groups. Realistically that is my best chance of making a mark anyway; I am a legitimate contender there for the podium. The official team has 6 people, but the team score is the sum of only the top three distances. With the incredible strength of the team this year, that was unlikely to be me anyway. I'd have been a strong backup runner in case a lot of our guys had bad days.

I got a couple paragraphs here where they talked about the race.

http://www.irunfar.com/2017/04/this-week-in-running-april-3-2017.html

I wasn't the only one to have a near miss in TN. The bigger story is how Gary Robbins just missed finishing Barkley.

Nice write up of both those stories here.

https://www.facebook.com/patrick.mchenry.923/posts/1927094337525814

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

And I'm going to World Championships in Belfast anyway. I can compete in the open race, and this year for the first time there are world master's titles to compete for in 5-year age groups. Realistically that is my best chance of making a mark anyway; I am a legitimate contender there for the podium.

This news makes me happy and excited!

spacityrunner

Yes, I'm first alternate. And I'm going to World Championships in Belfast anyway. I can compete in the open race, and this year for the first time there are world master's titles to compete for in 5-year age groups. 

Oh this makes me do a happy dance for you!!!

Trails Rock!

bhearn