DroidX not connecting to satellite (Read 302 times)

I use DroidX version 2.2.1 and Handy Runner 1.1.2

I have trouble connecting to the satellite.  Sometimes (rarely anymore) it connects right away, sometimes it will connect half way through the run and sometimes it doesn't connect at all.  It doesn't seem to depend on weather patterns.  I've had it connect instantly on heavily overcast, even stormy, days and it hasn't connected at all on absolutely clear days.

If it makes a difference, Verizon is the carrier.

Any suggestions?

(Other than that, I've really enjoyed the app and find it really useful!).

DespiteMyself

Had the same problem with my Samsung Charge (Android), also Verizon carrier. Gave up and bought a Garmin 305. Love the Garmin, but too bad, loved HandyRunner too. Haven't gotten around to experimenting with any of the other Droid GPS apps yet to compare how well they lock onto the satellites. Sorry, wish I could be of more help, but interesting to know I'm not the only one that had problems.

With the Garmin there's a progress bar that shows me how close I am to locking on, once complete it switches over to the regular functions. With the phone, I never knew how close I was and if I just had to be a little more patient.

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot run," then by all means RUN, and the voice will be silenced.

Jiggle Monster

I admit, I would love to see how close I am to locking in.  I may have to switch to a Garmin or similar device.  I just don't understand.  It was working fine for a few weeks then the last couple of weeks, hardly at all.  It is very frustrating.  Does your Garmin sync with HandyRunner?