First 1/2 Marathon 1:52:18 (Read 413 times)

Hi all,

I have never commented on here before but I just thought I would share some news that I completed my first 1/2 marathon on the 22nd May in 1:52:18. I am a 31 yo female and started running longer distances (10km+)  around December last year. I started doing Boot camp at my local gym twice a week in November and some other gym classes, so I guess I had a reasonable level of fitness starting out. I was really pleased with my time as in training I had done  21.1km in about 2:05 so I took 13 minutes off my previous time.

It was an amazing feeling running the race, we all had our names above our race numbers so all the locals could cheer us on Smile and I also had some support from family who met me at about 5 points along the course. After the race I was buzzing for hours. Had to have 3 rest days afterwards though as i could hardly sit down the day after the race! My friend suggested I could have used a sports massager on my legs, so may try that next time. Any of you tried them?

I have now signed up for a full marathon, almost completed the first week and have 12 weeks to go! I know it is not long but I am certain I can do it. I have a marathon training program borrowed off a friend and I don't run every day, have rest days but have also asked a trainer at the gym to give me some leg strength training work.

I have been enjoying logging all my runs on here, great to see my time improve from about 6:25/km starting out now to about 5:45/km and in races i generally do around 5:23-5.30/km. I did a 10km fun run earlier in the year in 52:39. I know I am not super fast but pretty happy with my times being a beginner and losing 9kg has been great too! helps with the running.

Hope your all enjoying your running, I am looking for heart rate monitor watches tonight, anyone have any recommendations? I will look through the other forum topics in case.

Enjoy your weekend runs, I have to wait till Sunday before I can run again but it's a 22km!

Personal Race Records:

HM 1:52:18 (Bunbury 2011), 10km 50:57 (training run), 5km 23:39 (training run)

2011 Goals:
    1st HM (22nd May), Complete my first marathon 

Congrats, That's an excellent time for a first Half marathon.  

Thanks Happy Feet Cool

Personal Race Records:

HM 1:52:18 (Bunbury 2011), 10km 50:57 (training run), 5km 23:39 (training run)

2011 Goals:
        1st HM (22nd May), Complete my first marathon