Coyote2Moon 100 Miler Race Report (Read 661 times)

Running on the ocean

About two weeks ago I ran a 100 mile endurance race; the Coyote2Moon. If you're interested you can find that race report at: http://www.friedquads.com/showthread.php?t=609 Jakob

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
    -- Jakob Herrmann
    my running achievements

JakeKnight

Awesome race report. Awesome race. Awesome.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Half Fanatic #846

Awesome race report. Awesome race. Awesome.
        What he said!!! Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

You are a beast! Awesome!
            You are a machine! You either had total inate abiltiy to get to where you got early on, or are proof of mind over matter. Either way, u=machine.
              Dude. Sweet!

Go Pre!

sick, phat, rad & then some.
                  God! That's about the most inspiring thing I've read this year. If that doesn't make you want to get a run in, I don't know what will. Great stuff!

You'll ruin your knees!

Nice job, Jakob! I tried to get in that race, but it closed the day I learned about it and I missed out! I love running at night under the moon! Congrats on a well earned finish! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

AMAZING!! Much to my wife's chagrin, you've tipped me off the fence, and now I totally am going to do an ultra next year! Thanks for posting this. Its inspirational, funny, and just outright entertaining! Again... AMAZING story!

Running on the ocean

Thank you JakeKnight, havanarnr, JasonR, dnephin, tuf_aint_enough, Daddyo, and Chaloo!
                        Nice job, Jakob! I tried to get in that race, but it closed the day I learned about it and I missed out! I love running at night under the moon! Congrats on a well earned finish! Lynn B
                        Lynn, see you next year then Wink I'll be there volunteering to give back. If you come and if you see me then say HI!
                        AMAZING!! Much to my wife's chagrin, you've tipped me off the fence, and now I totally am going to do an ultra next year!
                        YEAH WAY TO GO! Do you already know which one you'll do it? Please let us all know. And I can't wait to then read your race report! I'm so excited for you Big grin

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
                        -- Jakob Herrmann
                        my running achievements

My first race ever was on a 19km leg of the Canadian Death Race. I thought I was so trained and ready for this thing... I had done like AT LEAST three 8mi. long runs... TOTALLY more than enough to finish my 19km leg with time to spare... ah, we all remember our early running days I assume. Smile I want to run this one because (at the time) I thought a marathon, let alone 125km, was an impossible task. I think it also has the coolest race name out of anything I've ever seen or heard! It is a 125km (78mi) race that summits three mountains and has ~17,000 feet of elevation change. It is run during the first week of August. http://www.canadiandeathrace.com/ I'm looking at doing it in 2009 because I want to try a BQ this year. You do realize that I'm going to remember the name 'ultrarunner2' and hound you out over the next few months for advice now don't you? Wink But enough of this. CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for posting an AMAZING race report. I actually laughed out loud reading it when you said the line, "It was clear to me that there is no way I could finish such a race and being an ultra runner I immediately signed up." Embarassing in cubicle world.