Unkown error when uploading from Garmin Connect? (Read 79 times)

Enceladus

Leo

After my runs, I constantly receive messages titled "Data import failure - do not reply" that contain the statement: An unknown error has occurred while importing your data file.

I used to be able to upload my workouts seamlessly -- right after my watch synced with Garmin Connect, it was available on RunningAHEAD. But ever since last week, I now get like 93 of those messages, and it just doesn't work. I have tried many things. I already have Garmin express on my computer, I have used different browsers (Chrome, Edge, and Safari), and I have made sure that RA has permission in the settings in Garmin Connect. Yet it still doesn't work. The only way I can do it is by uploading it manually, using a TCS file exported from Connect. Is there a way to fix it so Garmin Connect automatically sends my workouts to RA?

Future marathon runner.
    "Doubts kill more dreams than failure ever will"
    Current PR's as of May 13, 2017:
    800: 2:13
    1600: 4:49
    3200: 10:13
    5K: 16:46
    10K: 38:46
    15K: 1:00:00
    Half Marathon: 1:25:15
    Marathon: soon!

eric :)

Hi LS0618,

Which Garmin model you're using?  If you bought a new one recently, the most likely cause is it's using a newer FIT file format that I haven't had a chance to support it.  I'm planning to do that some time in June.

eric Smile

Enceladus

Leo

Hi LS0618,

Which Garmin model you're using?  If you bought a new one recently, the most likely cause is it's using a newer FIT file format that I haven't had a chance to support it.  I'm planning to do that some time in June.

eric Smile

Hi Eric. I use the GarminForerunner 230, which I got last year in May. I don't know if it is using the new file format, but I hope this clears things up!

Future marathon runner.
        "Doubts kill more dreams than failure ever will"
        Current PR's as of May 13, 2017:
        800: 2:13
        1600: 4:49
        3200: 10:13
        5K: 16:46
        10K: 38:46
        15K: 1:00:00
        Half Marathon: 1:25:15
        Marathon: soon!

VAGentleman05

I'm having the same problem on my 235.  It started over the weekend, and now I've got a couple dozen error messages.  Sounds like I'm in good company!

Hi Eric. I use the GarminForerunner 230, which I got last year in May. I don't know if it is using the new file format, but I hope this clears things up!

Ten steps just to run a mile . . .

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

I just switched from a FR920xt to the FR235 and am now getting these error, I can upload the file manually though so at least I have a work around Smile

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
            My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.
            Then brag for the rest of your life.
            -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Fruchtenstein

I got the same error today when trying to import three tracks from Garmin Connect.

I use Suunto Ambit2 R and the synchronization path is like Movescount → Strava → Tapiriik → Garmin Connect → RunningAhead. Looks complicated, but it used to work Smile

The same tracks were imported successfully when I exported them as GPX and uploaded manually.

eric :)

There was a bug in the new importer.  I've fixed it.  Could you try again?

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

There was a bug in the new importer.  I've fixed it.  Could you try again?

Yes, all fixed, Thanks for great support!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                  My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.
                  Then brag for the rest of your life.
                  -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Fruchtenstein

Yeah, today it worked fine. Thanks!