Quoting multiple posts (Read 61 times)

How do you quote more than one other post, within a post? I know how to quote one, but don't know how to insert a second.

Dave

an amazing likeness

There's nothing in the forum software to do a multi-source quote for you. On way is to start the reply with your first quote, then open a new browser tab / browser instance and get the second quote started in there, switch to HTML mode in the editor and grab the html for quote 2 and paste it into the first reply.

That's not all that clear, so quick summary: Start reply with quote1,  then open new browser tab to start quote2, copy html from quote2 to quote1.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Well at least I don't feel too bad I couldn't figure it out myself, because I never would have come up with that!

I have seen a lot of people do it, I assumed it was something straightforward.

I will give it a try.

Dave

bhearn

Easier than that: to quote two posts,

- Quote the first one

- Copy the reply with the quote in it (select all & copy in the reply area)

- Go back (don't post the reply)

- Quote the second one

- Paste into the reply (inserting the first quote)

You don't need two windows / panes, or html mode.

So I should be able to quote this one

There's nothing in the forum software to do a multi-source quote for you. On way is to start the reply with your first quote, then open a new browser tab / browser instance and get the second quote started in there, switch to HTML mode in the editor and grab the html for quote 2 and paste it into the first reply.

That's not all that clear, so quick summary: Start reply with quote1,  then open new browser tab to start quote2, copy html from quote2 to quote1.

And this one.

- Quote the first one

- Quote the second one

You don't need to windows / panes, or html mode.

Piece of cake, thanks!

Dave

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So I should be able to quote this one

And this one.

- Quote the first one

- Quote the second one

You don't need two windows / panes, or html mode.

Piece of cake, thanks!

Didn't know that copy & paste like that without using html mode worked - thanks bhearn.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.