Thread post / Table Row Limits? (Read 348 times)

Eric,

Is there a limit on Post size and/or really number of rows in a table?  I think maybe more of the table row thing as have seen bigger posts.

On the Fall Marathon Training Thread  http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/f8b22826cd984786bfe77d01c61216a8/0 we are getting quite a few # of entries and when attempting to update the Thread Header with races by cutting and pasting from Excel (Used to Format / Sort, etc. race entries) everything was working fine and then when get above 70 rows I get an error in Red that just says "Can Not Save Post".  Formatting is pretty basic and even tried to dump into Word Doc before putting in post and got same error.

Browser is IE 7.0 and Windows XP Professional.  I had tried to get rid of all formatting, etc. to keep the table simple and seems OK below 70 rows or so.

Any help would be apprerciated as would like to keep all in one thread wiothout having to Split up.

Thanks for all you do

Buckeye

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

I got a work around to accomplish this, by first publishing the XLS to a webpage and then doing the copy/paste and that seems to create a table that the RA editor can better recognize. 

Thanks

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

eric :)

I don't think there's a limit.  Rather, it could be that around row 70, there's something that's choking the server.  By saving it as HTML first, it may have stripped out the bad stuff.  That's just my guess.  I probably won't be able to reproduce the problem without that particular Excel file.