Anyone here wear Mizunos? (Read 1176 times)

Go Pre!

Yup. My sister, who manages a running specialty store, is a big fan and has tried to get me into Mizunos for ever. I can't stand them. I do not have a Mizuno foot and they always feel dead after just a couple hundred miles. Not for me.
    I agree. I just ran on my Wave Rider 11's...felt so dead and they're just under 400 miles. Ironically, I was contemplating buying new shoes a few weeks ago and thought of you Mikey. I have not bought shoes in a while and I am going through my closet digging up anything I find that is still runnable but at 190+ lbs I think it is time to get some fresh cushioning.
      I have worn Creation's, 3 through the current 9 (pair of 10's on order), nimbus and Adistar Cushion. Wave Creations and the Asics Nimbus have about the same life span for me, but the Adistar was the worn out at 200 miles. I currently only use Creations because the nimbus is to narrow for my feet.

Certifiably Insane

Thanks, this is great info! I think Asics changed something in their shoes, because my last few pairs of GT-XXXX's really haven't done well for me. They make my feet slap, and I wear right through the bottoms in no time at all. I've been thinking about trying some other brands. I've heard good things about Mizuno, but I'm a high-mileage overpronating heel striker. I'm quite hard on shoes. Whatever I switch to will have to be very durable. I can't afford new shoes every 6 weeks! Any recommendations for durable support shoes for a narrow foot? I use orthotics, so the insole would probably have to come out.
        On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
          I wear/have worn mizunos for the past 2 or 3 years and i've only had to replace them every 4-5 hundred miles. My last ones actually lasted me 7 hundred and i havn't experienced any injury from them.
            I wear Mizuno Wave Rider 11s but I've noticed that they do conk out a little early. The current pair is getting dodgy at 281 miles. I'd say 300 is their limit for me, although I should note I am a heavier runner, ~188 pounds or so. Other than the longevity issue, I have really enjoyed them.
            “I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz

A Saucy Wench

I'm really enjoying my Mizuno's but havent really piled a lot of mileage on them yet - they were supposed to be my marathon shoe, but now they will have to be my 1/2 marathon shoe until fall.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jazz hands!

I've got about 200 miles on my first pair of Wave Elixirs (or whatever the goofy name is), and they still seem fine to me. I'm a big fan of them so far, though I'm going to get a new pair some weekend soon so I can switch them out with something else.
                run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                  +1 on the 250 mile thingy. I have Wave 12's that are still in rotation from a few months ago, but my first pair of Mizunos only lasted about 250. I'm kinda upset about this, but they fit and feel so well. I'd rather stick with what I know works than buy another shoe and have to go through the hassle of trying it out, and returning it if I have to. I have huge feet as well so not may brands of women's shoes go upto my size.
                    I just got a pair of Wave Nirvana 5s. I have been pretty loyal to Brooks (first Adrenaline, now Glycerin), but my PT recommended something with a bit more stability. So far I like the Mizunos. I especially like how the tongue is held in place on the sides. The Nirvana's are pretty cushioned for a stability shoe (according to the running store) so they should last a bit longer. We will see.

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Ran in Mizunos for about a yr. I pushed the mileage on each pair to aprx 500-700 with rotation. Each pair probably should have been retired about 300 miles. I found them really dead after 40 hrs of running. They're a great, light shoe, but I am of the opinion that they are expensive given the return. Switched to a comparable Asics and easily get 3-4 X the mileage out of them. I'd run in Mizuno again, but only if they were free.
                      And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                        I'm really enjoying my Mizuno's but havent really piled a lot of mileage on them yet - they were supposed to be my marathon shoe, but ...
                        +1 I just swapped in a pair of Mizuno Wave Nirvana's for my usual Asics Gel Kayano. I'm about 100 miles in and I don't think they're breaking down, but they do feel a bit funny on my feet. May just be a matter of time. I'm also not one of the more experienced runner's here. I can tell you that, in all likelihood, I will go back to Kayanos. I will also add that I am alternating them with Asics Gel GT's and the Mizuno does seem a bit cushier.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I recently purchased the new Ronin 2 as my racing flats. They are great. The funny thing is that I hated how all of the trainers fit my feet.

The shirtless wonder

I love my mizunos. I wear Elixirs and Inspires. I really like the Elixirs but I'm not as much of a fan of the Inspires. I get about 400 miles out of a pair. I've tried on a few other brands at stores but I never liked how they felt so I always went home with Mizunos. Greg