Copy and paste in Excel no longer working since update (Read 74 times)

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

Before the update, I used to be able to copy the data (interval, distance, time, pace, avg HR, max HR) shown on the "View" workout page, and paste them directly into Excel for my "other" log. However since the update, this is no longer working - all the data are now pasted into a single cell. I have tried using paste special - e.g. unicode text - but it does not work.

The only way I found to get around this problem is to click on "edit workout", and copy/ paste the data from there; they are formatted properly to be pasted into Excel in separate ranks/columns. However the pace column is missing. This is not a big deal for normal runs where I have mile splits. However for workouts when I have splits that are different from mile, it is inconvenient because I have to manually add the pace.

Any way that this issue could be fixed? Thanks in advance.

an amazing likeness

What version of Excel and which browser?

• When I paste a row from my workout list to Excel 2013 using FireFox, Excel parses it into columns properly.
      • When I paste a row from my workout list to Excel 2013 using IE11, Excel loads it to one cell as text with no columns.
      • When I paste a row from my workout list to Excel 2013 using IE11 and use the paste-special in Excel, it parses it into columns properly.

"Paste-special (use destination format)" seems to do the trick with Excel 2013 and IE.

fwiw

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

Hi run2thehills,

This problem has been reported.  The layout was changed, which Excel cannot cope with.  I'm planning to change it back, but the problem will most likely return because this layout is needed to support the mobile version of the page.

eric Smile

HermosaBoy

Not sure if you changed it back Eric, but just tried the copy and paste from Chrome into Excel 2007 and it worked just fine when I did a paste special and selected text.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

I just tried again to copy and the data now copy fine into Excel.
            I did not change anything on my browser (Firefox/Mac) or Excel.

However I noticed a difference in the way the data were highlighted when I copied them in RA. So maybe the layout of data was changed, which was enough to solve my problem.

Thanks for the help!

eric :)

Hi run2thehills,

I made the fix today.  It might not be permanent if I need to make the change to support mobile web.

eric Smile

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

Whatever you did helped, thanks for the support!