Calorie Counting (Read 649 times)

Wild Beast

Hello all, Does anyone have any good sites or books that list food calorie values? I want to lose some weight and keeping a food journal is something I've never done but want to start. Any tips on keeping the journal, stuff that's helped you? Thanks...
    Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. -K. Vonnegut
      Have you tried fitday.com I have read that is a good site from another forum.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, fitday.com is great...when I am actually counting that's what I use. Smile BTW, if you are working on weight loss come join us "jiggly joggers." Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I use the calorie tool on sparkpeople.com to handle my calorie tracking needs. Works well for me, but you need to find what works best. In good news, recent research showed people who use a food journal have an easier time losing and keeping weight off. Chris

Chris
          PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Half Fanatic #846

Have you tried fitday.com
            Another vote for Fitday! Big grin

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Wild Beast

Thanks so much everyone...Fitday is looks like it will work well.
              Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. -K. Vonnegut
                i havent tried fitday, but i use nutritiondata.com and thedailyplate.com
                  yeah, thedailyplate.com is a good one