Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

joemum26

Did mile repeats yesterday...only did three this time because my focus is on a 5K.  Anyway, the last two miles were 5:45 and 5:44.  I haven't been that far under 6:00 since high school.
    RunsForCake

Did mile repeats yesterday...only did three this time because my focus is on a 5K.  Anyway, the last two miles were 5:45 and 5:44.  I haven't been that far under 6:00 since high school.

Damn you are speedy!  ^5

BTW, I see you are in Batavia.  I'm in Yorkville and work in Aurora.

*waves*

My small victory for today is that I actually got out there in the woods and ran/walked/sprinted,and just plain had fun.  Yesterday would have been a running day, but DH wanted me to work on a trail in the woods with him, So I did that, and enjoyed it, but it threw off my schedule.   I was happy to get out there today, even though my legs are a little sore from the hill work yesterday. 

Sometimes just getting out there is the biggest victory. 

Former runner

It rained here all day and I decided to get my seasonal flu shot on the way home. I almost talked myself out of running tonight since it was getting late by the time I got home. Fortunately the rain let up so I went out and ran an easy 6 which put me over 1000 miles for 2009. Actually ended up at 1001 since I made a wrong turn in the park and ran an extra mile.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ran a mile this evening.

It was an easy mile.  But it was a great mile.

Swadvad

I got up and ran 4 miles before work this morning.  I'm not a morning person, but I've managed to do this twice a week for a few months now.  It is just too busy in the evenings now to fit it a run at night.
              RunsForCake

I got up and ran 4 miles before work this morning.  I'm not a morning person, but I've managed to do this twice a week for a few months now.  It is just too busy in the evenings now to fit it a run at night.

Nice job!  I find that working out in the wee hours of the AM is the only way I fit my workouts in as well.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

40.1 miles this week. Started with a HM.Finished with a 16.1 miler.The plan was 15.When I got back home I realized I only need .75 miles to reach 40. I need the C/D anyway.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

RunsForCake

Nice job Runnerclay!   

I'm just in from the first really cold run of the season.  13.1 miles.  I never felt warmed up.  Meh.

The highlight of the run was coming home and having a stack of pumpkin pancakes waiting for me courtesy of my 16 YOU daughter. 

smahserj

First 16mi run ever this morning!!!  9:57 overall pace!  Yea Me!
                      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Nice job Runnerclay!   

I'm just in from the first really cold run of the season.  13.1 miles.  I never felt warmed up.  Meh.

The highlight of the run was coming home and having a stack of pumpkin pancakes waiting for me courtesy of my 16 YOU daughter. 

I am on a 14 day  no carb test.  Pumpkin pancakes.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

RunsForCake

(((CarbLessRunnerClay)))

I guess I shouldn't even mention the Kennebunkport Pumpkin Ale I'm sipping now huh? 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If you can stand it, please share this recipe.  I'll make and eat them; you can live vicariously Smile

RunsForCake

If you can stand it, please share this recipe.  I'll make and eat them; you can live vicariously Smile

I don't think Runnerclay has the recipe but I do. 

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 eggs
                              1 1/4 cups buttermilk
                              4 tablespoons butter, melted
                              3 tablespoons pureed pumpkin(canned or fresh) pumpkin
                              1/4 cup granulated sugar
                              1/4 teaspoon salt
                              1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
                              1/2 teaspoon baking powder
                              1/2 teaspoon baking soda
                              1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
                              1/4 teaspoon allspice

Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with oil cooking spray.

Combine eggs, buttermilk, butter, pumpkin, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
                              Use an electric mixer to blend ingredients.

Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet
                              ingredients and blend with mixer until smooth.

Pour the batter in 1/4 cup portions into the hot pan. Should form 5-inch
                              circles.

When the batter stops bubbling and edges begin to harden, flip the
                              pancakes. They should be dark brown. This will take from 1 to 2 minutes.

Flip the pancakes and cook other side for the same amount of time, until
                              dark brown.

Serves 3 to 4.

I achieved two small victories today

-First --- I weighed 141 -- down from 143 so I'm getting my weight down...want it in the 130's

-Second ---  My 12 week, weekly MPW is over 40.....at 40.2   ---even with a shorter week this week......

Champions are made when no one is watching